Rent & mortgage boycott to save the economy

  • Tony Gosling
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      If everybody boycotted the banks & stopped paying back their
      mortgages the economy would begin to recover again?
      An important point about our current system: since money is debt,
      getting out of debt (fancy term: deleveraging) shrinks the economy.

      How money gets destroyed (new video)
      Wed, 13th Mar 2013
      by Positive Money
      Remember how new money is created when a bank makes a loan? Well,
      when someone repays the loan, the opposite process happens, and money
      is actually destroyed. It effectively disappears from the economy entirely.
      http://www.positivemoney.org/2013/03/how-money-gets-destroyed-new-video/
      http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=164526#164526
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB4BKLvH3l8

      --
      +44 (0)7786 952037
      www.thisweek.org.uk

      www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
      www.mediafor911truth.org
      www.pilotsfor911truth.org
      www.mp911truth.org
      www.ae911truth.org
      www.rl911truth.org
      www.stj911.org
      www.l911t.com
      www.v911t.org
    • greenwomble
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2013
        Money is a number on a scarce commodity which is valued as a common
        commodity to be given in an exchange, on one side of an exchange.

        One way of controlling the level of the scarcity of that common
        commodity is to limit the amount of currency in an economy, another
        is to issue gold siver etc, which has scarcity value as they are a
        scarce resource in and of themselves. And, so, another way is this
        debt which is talked about here.

        So by paying off all the debt, it is proposed here that there will be
        no money left in circulation.

        But it is not really so as pretty soon some common but scarce
        commodity would be introduced into the economy to enable exchange to
        take place.

        It is not wholly debt that is the problem with money,

        it is the previously said "exchange".

        Here is a little essay on that from 1845 by Bastiat.

        http://lewrockwell.com/orig12/bastiat-abundance-vs-scarcity.html

        If man were a solitary animal, if he labored
        exclusively for himself, if he consumed directly
        the fruit of his labor – in a word, if he did not
        exchange – the theory of scarcity would never
        have appeared in the world. It is too evident
        that in that case, abundance would be
        advantageous, from whatever quarter it came,
        whether from the result of his industry, from
        ingenious tools, from powerful machinery of
        his invention, or whether due to the fertility of
        the soil, the liberality of nature, or even to a
        mysterious invasion of products brought by the
        waves and left by them upon the shore. No
        solitary man would ever have thought that in order to encourage his
        labor and render it more productive, it was necessary to break in
        pieces the instruments that lessened it, to neutralize the fertility of
        the soil, or give back to the sea the good things it had brought to his
        door. He would perceive at once that labor is not an end, but a
        means; and that it would be absurd to reject the result for fear of
        doing injury to the means by which the result was accomplished. He
        would perceive that if he devotes two hours a day to providing for
        his wants, any circumstance (machinery, fertility, gratuitous gift, no
        matter what) that saves him an hour of that labor, the result
        remaining the same, puts that hour at his disposal, and that he can
        devote it to increasing his enjoyments; in short, he would see that to
        save labor is nothing else than progress.

        But exchange disturbs our view of a truth so simple. In the social
        state, and with the separation of employments to which it leads, the
        production and consumption of a commodity are not mixed up and
        confounded in the same individual. Each man comes to see in his
        labor no longer a means but an end. In relation to each commodity,
        exchange creates two interests, that of the producer and that of the
        consumer; and these two interests are always directly opposed to
        each other.

        --
        It's a revolution. But it's the sort of revolution , more of an
        evolution that no one will notice. It might get a little shadier, or
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2013
          This is exactly right! Even some of the most intelligent people do not understand that money is created as debt! And how terrified the elites are of everyone waking up to this truth, because, believe me, when we all do, their party will be over. How often do you ever see this reflected in the mainstream media? Positive Money are making inroads but it has to be faster and that can only happen if we all spread the word!
          Mike Raddie, who set up BSNews with me, is the real expert here. When he found out the truth about the whole scam he stopped payng his mortgage! Talk about walk the walk!! He even stood up in court and explained it to the judge!! And ever since he has campaigned fiercely on this issue. He compiled all the stuff for our Money and Finance section - link from our homepage - including Bill Still's excellent doc 'The Secret of Oz' and Positive Money's '97% Owned'. There are four pages of must-read and see stuff:
          http://bsnews.info/ If anyone wants to contact Mike, reach him at editor@.... It was Mike who woke me up to all this for which I'm eternally grateful.
          'No one explains that reducing the deficit reduces our money supply and with it our ability to fund welfare and other public spending. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy – the government's debt reduction policy will ensure that the country remains in recession with the public sector cuts and the tearing down of our welfare safety net as "necessary". With a sovereign, debt-free money supply, none of this banker-imposed austerity would be needed, as Michael Rowbotham says: "Both those in work and out must watch … If a monetary system is invalid or flawed, then the entire economy is based on the mathematics of error, and must be riddled with the effects."