UK's Smart Meter programme - part of a global Smart Grid agenda

  • Tony Gosling
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
      Welcome to Stop Smart Meters! (UK)

      Est. January 2012, Stop Smart Meters! (UK) is an independent,
      not-for-profit voice calling for an immediate halt and reversal of
      the UK's Smart Meter programme - which in itself is part of a global
      Smart Grid agenda. Our campaign aims to raise awareness about Smart
      Meters so that people can become informed about Smart Meters and take
      necessary and appropriate action to resist them. This is a very long
      way indeed from what Big Energy and Big Utility are trying to do.
      There are many serious problems presented by web-enabling our
      electricity, gas and water supplies and turning our homes into
      wireless, network-attached nodes on the Internet. From documented
      (and suppressed) health risks, unwarranted privacy violations and
      safety issues to the loss of sovereignty & control of our property in
      our own homes and much higher bills, the Smart Grid will cause far
      more problems than it purports to solve. In reality, Smart Meters are
      a money-making solution to a very different challenge - namely, how
      profit-seeking corporations can continue to monetise further aspects
      of our lives.
      We encourage you to stand on your indefeasible human rights and to
      say a loud "NO!" to Smart Meters. Smart Meters are not mandatory -
      you are lawfully entitled to refuse one on whatever grounds you like.
      And if you would like to help other people do the same, please
      download and hand-out our leaflets to your neighbours and friends -
      this will make a huge difference in raising awareness about Smart
      Meters within your own community.
      In February 2012, Stop Smart Meters! (UK) was invited to join the
      International EMF Alliance http://www.iemfa.org
      +44 (0)7786 952037
      Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
      "Capitalism is institutionalised bribery."

      "The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
      alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

      Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
      revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
      you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
      ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

      Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
      Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
      Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
      Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
      Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
      Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.