the grace of the world

  • david bangs
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2012

      I heard this on Radio 4 before xmas...

      May we all campaign with successes next year...and have lots of fun...and rest in the peace of wild things and the grace of the world

      Dave Bangs

      The Peace of Wild Things

      When despair for the world grows in me
      and I wake in the night at the least sound
      in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
      I go and lie down where the wood drake
      rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
      I come into the peace of wild things
      who do not tax their lives with forethought
      of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
      And I feel above me the day-blind stars
      waiting with their light. For a time
      I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

      — Wendell Berry