You and Yours/Grant Thornton on food prices

  • Paul Mobbs

      Today's You and Yours -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017mvxb -- had an
      interesting line from a retail analysts on how consumers can help to manage
      their rising food prices (the programme was commenting on last weeks Grant
      Thornton report on why food prices will take a steep hike over the next 12
      months -- http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/pdf/GTI_Food_and_Beverage_Nov11.pdf
      ). He said:
      1. Cook more from raw ingredients;
      2. Avoid "higher added value" processed goods; and
      3. He stated, "I'm not being flippant, but people should grow more of their own
      food".

      Wow!, sense at last! Pity there's not sufficient land available for people to
      get on and grow their food!

      P.

      - --

      .

      (Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

      Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
      For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

      Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
      http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

      tel./fax (+44/0)1295 261864
      email - mobbsey@...
      website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml