land monopoly leads to slavery

  • james armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011

        LAND MONOPOLY   , Genesis.   Ch 47, vvs 13 …20 …..

      There was no food in the region however because  the famine was so severe..

      Both Egypt and Canaan wasted away because of the famine.   Joseph collected all the money for the grain they were buying and he brought it to Pharoah’s palace. When the money of the people of Egypt and Canaan was gone, all Egypt came to Joseph and said, “Give us food. Why should we die before your eyes, all our money is used up”.  “Then bring your livestock.” Joseph said.  “I will give you food for your livestock.” So they brought their livestock to Joseph and he gave them food for their horses , their sheep and goats, their cattle and donkeys. And he brought them through that year with food in exchange for their livestock.

      When that year was over they came to him and said,  “We cannot hide from our lord that since our money is gone and our livestock belongs to you there is nothing left for our lord except our bodies and our land.

      Why should we perish before your eyes, we and our land as well?  Buy us and our land and we will be in bondage to Pharoah.  Give us seed so that we may live and not die.

      And that the land may not become desolate.”

      So Joseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharoah. The Egyptians one and all sold their fields because the famine was too severe for them.  The land became  Pharoah’s. and Joseph reduced the people to servitude, form one end of Egypt to the other .

      "Here endeth the lesson."