THE COMMON AND THE FORMS OF THE COMMUNE

  • Darren Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2010
      Pay to view (although I guess some academic libraries will have free
      access) so I've not read any of it but guess it would be of interest to
      academics (or others) exploring the commons.

      THE COMMON AND THE FORMS OF THE COMMUNE

      This issue brings together papers that tackle a series of problematics
      which are formulated around the concepts of common, commune, community,
      and communism, and which engage with the field of critical Marxism. The
      discussions include the critique of property and commodity fetishism;
      the relation between 'modes of production' and 'modes of subjectivity';
      the rupture with a bourgeois political imaginary circumscribed by the
      relation between public and private; and the antagonistic nature of
      class as a process or composition. While an organizing aspiration has
      been to stage an encounter between operaismo and Althusserian Marxism,
      contributors complicate this divide by drawing from different
      philosophical sources and bringing into existence a broader intellectual
      plane within which these problematics can be situated.

      http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g926309723