Re: [diggers350] NO expnansion AIrport Petition

  • Ian Gregory
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28 8:11 AM
      On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 09:17:42AM +0100, Peter Hack wrote:

      > there is a petition at the PM's website to stop
      > airport expansion only 781 signatures at the last
      > count.

      I was wondering whether the small number of signatures might
      be because there were other petitions demanding the same thing.
      When I viewed petitions in the "Transport and infrastructure"
      category I did notice that the 7th most popular petition
      (with 3623) signatures is to stop further expansion of Stanstead
      airport. Depressingly, the 6 most popular petitions in the category
      are all pro-car (scrapping congestion charging, road building etc).

      Ian

      --
      Ian Gregory
      http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/