Life after Oil

  • Ed Iglehart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      http://www.communitysolution.org/pdfs/NS2.pdf (Cuba: Life after Oil)
      452k but worth the download to see something so positive and optimistic
      http://www.communitysolution.org/pdfs/NS5.pdf (Peak Oil, peak Economy)
      262k and not so optimistic...but sobering.
      xx
      ed
      and, for the reinhabitors: http://www.communitysolution.org/agraria.html
      AND: Second US Conference on 'peak oil' and community solutions" 23-25
      Sept.2005, Yellow Springs Ohio http://www.communitysolution.org/ (Start
      walking now)
      "I don’t like machines,
      which are neither mortal nor immortal,
      though I am constrained to use them
      (Thus the age perfects its clench.)
      Some day they will be gone,
      and that will be a glad and a holy day.
      I mean the dire machines that run
      by burning the world’s body and it’s breath.
      When I see an airplane fuming
      through the once-pure sky
      or a vehicle of the outer space
      with its little inner space
      imitating a star at night,
      I say, ‘Get out of there!’
      as I would speak to a fox
      or a thief in the henhouse.
      When I hear the stock market has fallen,
      I say, ‘Long live gravity!
      Long live stupidity, error, and greed
      in the palaces of fantasy capitalism!’ " --Wendell Berry

      --
      ....But there is no glory in the threat of climate change. The story it
      tells us is of yeast in a barrel, feeding and farting until they are