motorsports 11th May

  • james armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2005
      The Editor, B.B.C. 'You and Yours'

      There is nothing stopping the motor sports enthusiasts - I hear on your
      programme they are very numerous and spend a lot of money on both Land
      Rovers and hotel bills - from buying or renting a piece of land and
      organising their games on it.
      It must be the land-owners who are putting up the 'Keep Out' signs- not the
      Labour Government nor even the Department of Rural Payments, nor an agency
      of the C.A.P. So it is surprising that the spokesperson of the Country Land
      and Business Association did not explain this.

      There is much mis-informed comment surrounding farming on air and in the
      press, This is not surprising since the official term 'Single Farm Payment'
      is not a single payment (it is an annual payment) and it does not reward all
      farmers , nor always farmers at all but , I understand, can be claimed and
      then traded on the open market.
      james armstrong, Dorchester
      campaigning for The Land is Ours

      (tel 01305 265510)