5401No to postmodern Glastonbury & Stonehenge: Green Gathering 31Jul-03Aug

  • Tony Gosling
    Jun 19, 2014

      Subject: Summer Solstice: CD offer!
      From: Green Gathering <info@...>

      Four days & nights of dreaming dangerously...

      []
      []
             Piercefield Park,
                 Chepstow

      Far more than just another festival, the Green Gathering is a real life showcase of renewable energy and off-grid technology. Authentically uncommercial and family friendly, our aim is to turn people on to low-impact living. A festival beyond hedonism, for people who love the earth enough to want to celebrate it, and save it.

      []

           More than music;
               a community
            and an education

      On the first weekend in August, in the grounds of a ruined neo-classical country house, surrounded by woodland with stunning views of the rivers Wye and Severn, and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, you'll find:
      folk, funk, punk and soul; poetry, comedy and art; dance, traditional medicine, ancient wisdom and crafts; campaigns to put right current injustices and practical skill-sharing for sustainable futures.

      []
      Art can make ideas fly

      The Green Gathering has a history - stretching back decades - entwined with the Green and Peace movements, Glastonbury Festival, Stonehenge and Climate Camp. We've been through ups and downs, grown big, been busted and gone back to our roots. Join us, in 2014, at the original off-grid festival.

      []