Re: Colors

  • indianapolisin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
    • GARY CAMPBELL
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
        I was just looking at that sight about 10 minutes ago.
        when you asked the first thing i did was look up the
        album and artist on the net. this is the first page i
        looked at wich mispells my last name. I checked a
        couple other sights wich confirm that the name is
        mispelled on this website (lol) and read a little bit
        about this dick campbell. It says that the guy you
        mentioned who did this colors album worked with Dick
        Campbell and his jazz quartet on a number of
        occasions. This coupled with the fact that my dad had
        never mentioned this and i had not seen anything going
        through his records in the music bizz wich are quite
        extensive. Lead me to believe it was a differnt dick
        campbell but still i was not sure. So i called and
        spoke with my mom who was dating and or married with
        him for all of that year the album colors came out and
        she thought it must be someone else also. My dad lived
        in Worcester Mass during this time playing in a band
        called the Starletts. Right after this he was back in
        Chicago doing the Mercury Album. I will take a look
        and see if i cant find aything regarding this but at
        this time think my first assesment is right. i have
        been in the process of having the royalties for my
        dads music Transffered to my name and have been in
        contact with bmi ascap Mercury ubichapel and many
        others and have not heard of any of these songs. My
        dad wrote 398 songs of wich i have a list and none of
        these are on this list. there are 78 active songs my
        dad wrote registered with bmi currently and none are
        these that i know of. i will let you know if i find
        anything differnt out. let me know if you have any
        other wuestions as i find i am a little more
        knowledgable regarding my dads carrer than i was a few
        months ago.

        http://platinum.yahoo.com