Re: [Dickcampbell] The New CD

  • GARY CAMPBELL
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
      I had assumed that these are the same album and i
      don't know why it says the label is Phantom. Phantom
      does have two of the origonal lp's for sale for a lot
      more than $17.50

      Campbell Dick Sings Where It's At Excellent
      Emulation Of Mid-60s Dylan Folkrock; Backup Is The
      Butterfield Blues Band (early!) Along W... LP
      $84.00 Buy Bothy Press USA
      Campbell Dick Sings Where It's At: Promo Rare
      Gold Label Promo Copy, Vinyl Close To M-; Excellent
      Emulation Of Mid-60s Dylan Folkrock; Backup... LP
      $135.00 Buy Bothy Press USA

      listed at

      http://www.musicstack.com/tsearch/campbell/sings_where_it's_at:_promo

      I guess until you said something i had just assumed it
      was the new cd which was due to be released on june
      26th and that they didn't have the name of the cd. It
      showed up at the time the cd was supposed to be out
      and its an import cd. here is the cd listed at several
      other places and they all call them the Dick Campbell
      Album accept for the Rev-ola page which calls it Blue
      Winds Only Know.

      http://www.cherryred.co.uk/crzone/audio/

      http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/acatalog/Townsend_Catalogue_Calla___Cam_553.html

      http://www.back-catalogue.com/cgibin/route66/whatsnew.pl?d=May-03

      http://www.ab-cd.com/cgi-bin/cat1/CREEV31.html

      The confusion stems from Cherry Reds desire to put
      out the Sings Where Its At album but that got put on
      the back burner for various reasons. Evidently Cherry
      Red had already released a press release on the album
      in anticipation of the project going ahead. I have
      been assured on several differnt occasions that the
      offers for the Sings Where Its At album found on the
      internet are a mistake and were caused by overzelous
      advertizing interns. One of the links above is for The
      Rev-ola sight itself which lists the album as Blue
      Winds and Has a sound clip from Blue winds cd (not the
      best but a good one) but the album info on there page
      still reflects the Sings album. I have been repetedly
      reassured by Joe Foster that they are no way offering
      the Sings Where Its At cd.
      I have purchased over the net the cd's offered from
      the differnt sources i found Germany, U.K., Amazon.com
      and such just to see for myself what i get when they
      arrive. I am sure that Cherry Red is not putting the
      album out but seeing other label names listing it for
      sale makes me wonder if the late increased interest in
      that album may have spurred a small time entropanuer
      to offer the album on his own.
      When the cd's start arriving i will update the
      group on what i received and also scan and post all
      the artwork from the cd.
      I have no doubt that what i receive will be what i
      am expecting and that this all stems from the origonal
      mix up.

      here is the official (and correct) Cherry red records
      ad for the cd.

      http://www.cherryred.co.uk/crzone/newletters/may03/4.htm

      Gary Campbell

      http://sbc.yahoo.com