Resetting the ' AGE CLOCK ' on Joe Tracy

  • syd2918@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2.5 MB
    Having read all the past Locher / Kilian - Tracy work, means I've read a few stories showing Joe Tracy as a young teen. So, it catches my 'attention' seeing him this month, looking and talking like a nine year old. The age 'reset' becomes apparent !

    Not that I disagree, it's a good thing in a long running comic strip, to keep the young ones perpetually young !

    A downside to having them 'grow up' - is that it  reflects adversly on the adults who start to look like Grand parents near retirement age. K&L having him grown and older makes the future for a New Team difficult to cope with those 'tied in' problems. They have to be kept out of sight like Gould did with Bonnie.

     Nov. 2012

    To better apreciate the age problem, see (scan) - showing earlier K&L strips with Joe, then called - "Cool Dude" (i.e. for Collins 'copyright' reasons). These are from years 1994 (- identified as being 13 years of age), then 1995 (- as young teen smoking) and finally Dec. 1999 (- appearing to look about 15 or 16 years old)
    For contrast the current representation - 2012, appears at the foot of the page.

    Found Mike's earlier post (# 14388) from March giving the team's 'thinking'  . . .

    " We regard Honeymoon as perpetually 11 or 12, which makes Joe around 7 or 8, and Jewel around 6
    Bonnie Braids is in her mid 20's ".

    Good move Makes  a whole lot of sense if this new 'resurgence' in this iconic strip, carries it through into a second century. Just twenty years away !

    SYD in Trinidad
    PS.  On GoComics new posters (not here a month ago), have come 'flocking in'Today, like 7 or 8 new names e.g - Ajaxxphat, Cartoonacy, dag8686, mikeyJ and misterseth !

    FREE Christmas Animations for your email – by IncrediMail! Click Here!
  • tsull2121@aol.com
    Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2012
      i also dont mind joe being a young kid either syd, but it causes a little bit of a problem for "continuity buffs" out there.

      to satisfy the issue, could it be said that when joe and mike took over and tracy woke up and tess was in the kitchen, it could be likened to "bobby being in the shower" on dallas?

      do we "throw out" what locher and killian did just to "make things run smoother" or do we just ignore that it ever happened?
      we would run into the problem all over again.. certain characters would never have been introduced, some never died, others never left.

      its a gigantic can of worms... unless the "new tracy reality" is set in a different/divergent timeline from the locher/killian years?

      Timmy!