18265Fw: [DickTracy] Staton and Curtis at Baltimore Comicon

  • syd2918@yahoo.com
    Jul 31, 2014
      The subject matter on the Harvey Awards meeting was indeed of interest, and good to see that Mike, Joe and team (last years winners) will be strongly represented !

      Yet, what caught my 'eye', and truly impressed, was was the NATURE of the nomination and selection process. The only Industry Award  reflecting the  'views' of the professionals

      " Nominations for the Harvey Awards are selected exclusively by creators – those who write/draw/ink/letter/color/design/edit or are otherwise involved in a creative capacity in the comics field.
      The Harvey Awards are the only industry awards both nominated and selected by the full body of comic book professionals."

      In an ideal World, I'd think - that's the way it ought to be !   And happily, providing a greater sense of accomplishment - with Judgement coming from your peers !

      SYD in Trinidad