“Bodhisattva Vows”, “Love & Relationships ” by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (April 6-7 in Singapore)

  • Huang Jing Rui
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012

      Dear friends,

      We are pleased to inform you that Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche will be teaching in Singapore on April 6 and 7. Admission is free. Please share this news with anyone who may be interested. All are welcome!

      Seats are available on a first come, first served basis. As seats are limited, if you come later than others, please be prepared to sit in less comfortable places/positions. (Prior training in Yoga might help!)

      We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by our inability to manufacture more space, but rejoice in knowing that you will fully enjoy the speaker’s delightful and humourous insights.

      (1) Giving of Bodhisattva Vows & Explanation on Bodhicitta

      Date:    April 6, 2012 (Friday) -- Full Moon Day according to the Tibetan calendar
      Time:    7.30pm-9.30pm
      Venue:  Sakya Tenphel Ling (http://sakyatenphelling.org/
                 5, Pasir Ris Drive 4, Singapore 519455
      Tel:      6581 3902

      *Talk is in English. Simultaneous Chinese translation may or may not be provided.

      (2) Love & Relationships

      What is love?
      Why do we fall in love?
      How do relationships affect us?

      We human beings like the idea of love and relationships. We are in love with being in love. We like needing someone and being needed. Relationships drive us crazy, yet we can’t live without them.

      Come for an interactive session to discuss about love and relationships with Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.

      There would be some time for Q&A during the session. You are also welcome to send in questions about love and relationships to dharmaspore@... latest by April 5 (Thursday).

      Date:    April 7, 2012 (Saturday)
      Time:    10am-12.30pm
      Venue:  Singpost Theatrette (next to Paya Lebar MRT station)
                  Level 5, 10 Eunos Road 8
                  Singapore Post Centre
                  Singapore 408600

      *Talk is in English. Please approach volunteers at the registration counter for assistance if simultaneous Chinese translation is needed.

      About Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche

      Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche (born 1961), also known as Khyentse Norbu, is a Bhutanese lama, filmmaker, and writer. He wrote and directed two award-winning films, The Cup (1999) and Travellers and Magicians (2003); and served as consultant on Bernardo Bertolucci’s film Little Buddha (1993). He is author of the book What Makes You Not a Buddhist (Shambhala, 2007).

      As a prominent tulku associated with Dzongsar Monastery in Derge, Eastern Tibet, Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche was recognized by H.H. Sakya Trizin, and received empowerments and teachings from many of the greatest lamas of Tibetan Buddhism, including H.H. the Dalai Lama, H.H. the 16th Karmapa, and his own grandfather, H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche. His main guru was Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and further studied with more than 25 great lamas from all four schools of Tibetan Buddhism.

      While still a teenager, he was responsible for publishing many rare texts that were in danger of being lost entirely, and in the 1980’s, began the restoration of Dzongsar Monastery in Tibet. He has established several colleges and retreat centres in India and Bhutan. In accordance with the wishes of his teachers, he has travelled and taught throughout the world, establishing dharma centres in Australia, Europe, North America, and Asia.

      In this time when the traditional structures of Tibetan Buddhism are facing challenges, and when Buddhism is reaching new audiences, Rinpoche is known for the freedom with which he moves between cultures and people, and his uncompromising dedication to bringing the philosophy and the path of enlightenment to anyone with an open heart.

      Details on Rinpoche and his activities can be found on www.khyentsefoundation.org and www.siddharthasintent.org

      For enquiries

      Please contact us at: dharmaspore@...

      See you soon! :)