[Ruwan Buddhist Society] Dhammapada VII

  • [DPD Web] Shen Shi'an
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
       Chosen the Right Path?

      Avoid falling to

      the Woeful States!

      Bend towards the Dhamma

      The Best of Paths is the Noble 8 Fold Paths

      The Best of Truths are the 4 Noble Truths

      The Best of conditions is Nibbana

      The Best of bipeds is the Seeing One (Buddha)

      ~Dhammapada verse 237

      Let’s walk through the Teachings of the Buddha from the Text- Dhammapada-  The chapter of Righteous, Path, Woeful States and Miscellaneous.  How The Buddha advised and guided us towards our dealing with the ups and downs in life. We invite you to join us for this great gift of Dhamma!

      Course                 : Dhammapada VII

      (Chapters on Righteous, Path, Woeful States & Miscellaneous)

      Date                     :  2nd  Apr - 25th Jun (every Sun) 13 sessions

      Time                     : 2:00 pm - 4.15pm

      Venue                   : 87 Aida Street (10min walk from Bedok Central)

      Course Lecturer   : Ven K Somananda

      You may E-mail to amita@... or contact Raymond @ 964742588 or Lay Pheng @ 97288876 for enrollment.

      About the Lecturer

      Ven Somananda has been in Singapore for more than 15 years. He was a lecturer in a Sri Lankan University and taught Pali language in the Pali Buddhist College Singapore. Venerable specializes in Pali Language and is a scholar in this field. Venerable teaches Pali language of various levels and conducts classes on Dhammapada, Basic Buddhism.

      daniel