Nepal: Appeal for donations and needed supplies

  • [DPD Web] Shen Shi'an
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2005
      Dear everyone

      It would be great if you guys can help out for this trip.
      Any small contribution will definitely be appreciated.

      Regards
      Sapphire

      Appeal for Donations and Needed Supplies
      (Dental Charity Trip Nepal 2006)

      Dates: 23rd March to 1st April 2006

      Venues: Boudhnath, Shivapuri, Patan and Bajra Barahi

      Scope of work: Basic dental treatment

      We are a group of dentists and other volunteers from Singapore. In response to an appeal by the Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery and Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen, we are organizing a dental trip to the above-mentioned villages. Basic dental treatment such as extractions and simple fillings will be given to the poor people of these villages who have limited (if any) access to dental care. We expect to see 800 patients over 10 days.

      We are appealing for donations in term of funds and needed supplies.
      Please send a crossed cheque payable to "Singapore Dental Association" and send to the following address:

      P.O. Box 071
      Singapore 913103

      Please indicate "Dental Charity Trip Nepal 2006" and also your name on the reverse. Thank you.

      For further details, please contact

      Sapphire Gan at bluejewel8@... or 97234678 (preferably after 5.30pm on weekdays)
      Chan Sing Yin at chansingyin@... or 92379350 (preferably after 4.30pm on weekdays)

      Whatever joy there is in this world
      All comes from desiring others to be happy,
      And whatever suffering there is in this world
      All comes from desiring myself to be happy.
                                          SHANTIDEVA