Re: [DevilStickForum] wassapnin?

  • DaG
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
      for fear of losing this email again and hence wastin my time further i
      will keep it short and sweet.

      Grip... we need loads of grip with being sticky, hard wearing, tolerant
      of water, and must look wikid... it already exists and it is called
      tennis racket grip. wind it round the middle 12inches/300mm of the stick
      and also both handsticks. It lasts for ages (if u buy the good stuff..
      approx £5 each) and feels great, and gives u more grip than a builders wank!

      at the ends i use UV neon colour tape from glowshop, so i can stick till
      its almost dark.

      and lastly, adding weight to the ends of the stick can transform a shite
      stick to a wikid stick. Some sticks are too light to have decent
      momentum and will spin way to fast, making some tricks impossible. Not
      too much tho... i drill a hole in the ends, and screw a small bolt into
      the holes. The bolt allows me to add nuts or washers till i find the
      optimum balance. basically the length will dictate the amount of weight
      required, but then i know what i like... trial and error is the key, u
      will be surprised how much easier things become when the stick is better
      weighted... experiment

      thats it for now, i will write a bit about stick making if anyones
      interested??

      Darren

      ps, that guy in the video who does 2 sticks... no class at all... he is
      using the lip at the end of the flower stick to catch it.... thats
      cheating that is
    • momlaberee@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
        We'd love to know more about how to make sticks over here .... we're in New Jersey (stop laughing).   Thanks,
        John