Re: [DevilStickForum] wassapnin?

  • Nathan
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
      word, I got it. iunno whats up with this system, I should really just leave the group cause 99% of what I get is spam.

      On 27/09/06, DaG < dag@...> wrote:

      what is happening with this groups messages? I have recieved some that
      are not shown on the group site at yahoo, and i have replied to a couple
      and they are not on the site, nor have i had them as emails???? if
      anyone gets this, or got my last one, let me know

      all the best

    • DaG
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
        for fear of losing this email again and hence wastin my time further i
        will keep it short and sweet.

        Grip... we need loads of grip with being sticky, hard wearing, tolerant
        of water, and must look wikid... it already exists and it is called
        tennis racket grip. wind it round the middle 12inches/300mm of the stick
        and also both handsticks. It lasts for ages (if u buy the good stuff..
        approx £5 each) and feels great, and gives u more grip than a builders wank!

        at the ends i use UV neon colour tape from glowshop, so i can stick till
        its almost dark.

        and lastly, adding weight to the ends of the stick can transform a shite
        stick to a wikid stick. Some sticks are too light to have decent
        momentum and will spin way to fast, making some tricks impossible. Not
        too much tho... i drill a hole in the ends, and screw a small bolt into
        the holes. The bolt allows me to add nuts or washers till i find the
        optimum balance. basically the length will dictate the amount of weight
        required, but then i know what i like... trial and error is the key, u
        will be surprised how much easier things become when the stick is better
        weighted... experiment

        thats it for now, i will write a bit about stick making if anyones
        interested??

        Darren

        ps, that guy in the video who does 2 sticks... no class at all... he is
        using the lip at the end of the flower stick to catch it.... thats
        cheating that is
      • momlaberee@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
          We'd love to know more about how to make sticks over here .... we're in New Jersey (stop laughing).   Thanks,
          John