Re: [DevilStickForum] competition question

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
      momlaberee@... writes:

      > I have a 12 year old LunaStick lunatic who is interested in finding
      > competions in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.

      I've never heard of competitions anywhere except for the jolleystick
      tournament at the european juggling festival.
    • Rob Boaron
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
        About competitions: Since this year, there is Dutch championships Devilstick freestyle and an open Dutch jolleystick competion, but that's not very useful if you live in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.

        RoB

        On 9/27/06, Seth Golub <seth@...> wrote:

        momlaberee@... writes:

        > I have a 12 year old LunaStick lunatic who is interested in finding
        > competions in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.

        I've never heard of competitions anywhere except for the jolleystick
        tournament at the european juggling festival.

      • DaG
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
          what is happening with this groups messages? I have recieved some that
          are not shown on the group site at yahoo, and i have replied to a couple
          and they are not on the site, nor have i had them as emails???? if
          anyone gets this, or got my last one, let me know

          all the best
        • Nathan

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
              for fear of losing this email again and hence wastin my time further i
              will keep it short and sweet.

              Grip... we need loads of grip with being sticky, hard wearing, tolerant
              of water, and must look wikid... it already exists and it is called
              tennis racket grip. wind it round the middle 12inches/300mm of the stick
              and also both handsticks. It lasts for ages (if u buy the good stuff..
              approx £5 each) and feels great, and gives u more grip than a builders wank!

              at the ends i use UV neon colour tape from glowshop, so i can stick till
              its almost dark.

              and lastly, adding weight to the ends of the stick can transform a shite
              stick to a wikid stick. Some sticks are too light to have decent
              momentum and will spin way to fast, making some tricks impossible. Not
              too much tho... i drill a hole in the ends, and screw a small bolt into
              the holes. The bolt allows me to add nuts or washers till i find the
              optimum balance. basically the length will dictate the amount of weight
              required, but then i know what i like... trial and error is the key, u
              will be surprised how much easier things become when the stick is better
              weighted... experiment

              thats it for now, i will write a bit about stick making if anyones
              interested??

              Darren

              ps, that guy in the video who does 2 sticks... no class at all... he is
              using the lip at the end of the flower stick to catch it.... thats
              cheating that is
            • momlaberee@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                We'd love to know more about how to make sticks over here .... we're in New Jersey (stop laughing).   Thanks,
                John