competition question

  • momlaberee@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2006
      Greetings.    I have a 12 year old LunaStick lunatic who is interested in finding competions in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.    Do you have any info to help him out?   Many thanks,
      Ro Laberee
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
        momlaberee@... writes:

        > I have a 12 year old LunaStick lunatic who is interested in finding
        > competions in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.

        I've never heard of competitions anywhere except for the jolleystick
        tournament at the european juggling festival.
      • Rob Boaron
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
          About competitions: Since this year, there is Dutch championships Devilstick freestyle and an open Dutch jolleystick competion, but that's not very useful if you live in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.

          RoB

          On 9/27/06, Seth Golub <seth@...> wrote:

          momlaberee@... writes:

          > I have a 12 year old LunaStick lunatic who is interested in finding
          > competions in the NJ/PA/Delaware area.

          I've never heard of competitions anywhere except for the jolleystick
          tournament at the european juggling festival.

        • DaG
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
            what is happening with this groups messages? I have recieved some that
            are not shown on the group site at yahoo, and i have replied to a couple
            and they are not on the site, nor have i had them as emails???? if
            anyone gets this, or got my last one, let me know

            all the best
          • Nathan

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                for fear of losing this email again and hence wastin my time further i
                will keep it short and sweet.

                Grip... we need loads of grip with being sticky, hard wearing, tolerant
                of water, and must look wikid... it already exists and it is called
                tennis racket grip. wind it round the middle 12inches/300mm of the stick
                and also both handsticks. It lasts for ages (if u buy the good stuff..
                approx £5 each) and feels great, and gives u more grip than a builders wank!

                at the ends i use UV neon colour tape from glowshop, so i can stick till
                its almost dark.

                and lastly, adding weight to the ends of the stick can transform a shite
                stick to a wikid stick. Some sticks are too light to have decent
                momentum and will spin way to fast, making some tricks impossible. Not
                too much tho... i drill a hole in the ends, and screw a small bolt into
                the holes. The bolt allows me to add nuts or washers till i find the
                optimum balance. basically the length will dictate the amount of weight
                required, but then i know what i like... trial and error is the key, u
                will be surprised how much easier things become when the stick is better
                weighted... experiment

                thats it for now, i will write a bit about stick making if anyones
                interested??

                Darren

                ps, that guy in the video who does 2 sticks... no class at all... he is
                using the lip at the end of the flower stick to catch it.... thats
                cheating that is
              • momlaberee@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                  We'd love to know more about how to make sticks over here .... we're in New Jersey (stop laughing).   Thanks,
                  John