Re: [DevilStickForum] choosing a devilstick

  • Aaron Young
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
      uh, give up on devilsticks, start using flower stix. lunastix, cristalsticks

      kwa Hian kai <kwahiankai@...> wrote:
      helo

      I just joined this forum. I've been devilsticking for about 9 months and am
      thinking of getting another devilstick. Something that's good for performing
      and practicing. Currently I'm using a Todd Smith Cloth Devilstick.
      I hear Dube is good, but are there other brands in the US that are just as
      good or better?
      I'd appreciate any opinions anyone may have as to what makes a good
      devilstick

      I'm also looking at Fire Devilsticks. Any recommendations there?

      Thanks

      Hian Kai

      Vade retro! Audaces fortuna juvat!!

    • j bones
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2004

        Aaron Young <devilboy042003@...> wrote:
        uh, give up on devilsticks, start using flower stix. lunastix, cristalsticks

        I think that's terrible advice, Aaron... There is no reason not to develop skills with both. Besides, I really think getting good with devil sticks helps develop good habits that carry over well to flower sticks. Unfortunately, I don't think the reverse is true. After playing primarily with flower sticks for several years now, I've found my devil stick skills have suffered.

        -bones

        Do you Yahoo!?