Make devilsticks

  • ogisha007
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28 1:58 AM
      Hello, i'm new to this group, and i would like to ask you is there
      any site where i can find the exact measures for the devilstick(not
      the flowerstick),such as the width on the ends and in the middle.
      I am asking you for this because i live in Serbia Montenegro, and i
      can not find anyone who makes or sells devilsticks.
      Thank You.
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28 7:48 AM
        hi I understand your problem bacause I have the same I live in
        Slovakia , the exact sizes can you find on the pages of the online
        joggling shops you can try this directory
        http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Performing_Arts/Circus/Juggling/D
        evil_Stick?tc=1/ on google. there try to click some sponsored links
        or search after shops selling this stuff they have exact sizes. btw.
        which material will you use for the surface of the stick ?

        petlo :)

        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "ogisha007" <ogisha007@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hello, i'm new to this group, and i would like to ask you is there
        > any site where i can find the exact measures for the devilstick(not
        > the flowerstick),such as the width on the ends and in the middle.
        > I am asking you for this because i live in Serbia Montenegro, and i
        > can not find anyone who makes or sells devilsticks.
        > Thank You.
      • ogisha007
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29 3:21 AM
          --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <petlo@s...> wrote:
          > hi I understand your problem bacause I have the same I live in
          > Slovakia , the exact sizes can you find on the pages of the online
          > joggling shops you can try this directory

          http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Performing_Arts/Circus/Juggling/D
          > evil_Stick?tc=1/ on google. there try to click some sponsored links
          > or search after shops selling this stuff they have exact sizes.
          btw.
          > which material will you use for the surface of the stick ?
          >
          > petlo :)
          >
          > --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "ogisha007"
          <ogisha007@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hello, i'm new to this group, and i would like to ask you is
          there
          > > any site where i can find the exact measures for the devilstick
          (not
          > > the flowerstick),such as the width on the ends and in the middle.
          > > I am asking you for this because i live in Serbia Montenegro, and
          > > can not find anyone who makes or sells devilsticks.
          > > Thank You.

          I was going to use rubber or something that has a good grip, but any
          suggestions will be appreciated. It doesn't have to look good, as
          long as it works.
        • sean
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24, 2004
            and, "ogisha007" <ogisha007@y...> wrote:

            > Hello, i'm new to this group, and i would like to ask you is there
            > any site where i can find the exact measures for the devilstick(not
            > the flowerstick),such as the width on the ends and in the middle.
            > I am asking you for this because i live in Serbia Montenegro, and i
            > can not find anyone who makes or sells devilsticks.
            > Thank You.

            i'm not actually looking at mine right now, but they are, in 27
            inches in length the diameter at the ends is about an inch, and in
            the middle about half that. i will measure them exactly some time
            soon, but i'm fairly sure this is accurate. as for the handsticks, i
            use hardwood dowels wrapped either in latex tubeing (surgical tube)
            or a bicycle inner tube cut into 2 long strips. i like them to have
            a final diameter of 1/2 inch, so if you use latex, keep that in mind.

            i ahve also seen devil sticks made entirely from wood and bike
            tubes. to do this, start with a 1/2 inch hardwood dowel and then
            build up the ends to taper like an all wood devil stick. it is very
            very important that you use the same ammount of material on each
            side, so that it will be properly balanced. Also, using some sort of
            extra weight such as lead fishing weights might help the sticks feel
            more like an all wood stick, since the rubber will be lighter than
            the wood. the only problem i saw with the sticks made this way was
            that they were a little bouncy. i think that if you address the
            weight problem, the bounce problem will decrease or disappear. in
            any event, if you have no access to a lathe, or a person to use it,
            this alternative is certainly better than nothing.

            i hope this helps,

            St.