info needed for my website

  • Rob Boaron
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 21 11:24 AM
      Hi,

      I am working on a devilstick website. For now its only in dutch, but i will make an english translation when the dutch one is finished. The site is a part of www.circusplanet.net.

      For this site i'm looking for some information.

      Who are the greatest and most famous devilstickers. Lets say the Anthony Gattos, Michael Moschens and Kris Holms of devilstick. Or at least who are you're favourites?

      Also i want to make links to interesting devilstick sites. I have the most well known sites, like www.devilstick.de, www.devilstick.org, www.devilsticking.org. But there most be other great sites.

      Thanks in advance for all your help. Also feedback (from those who will be able to read the dutch texts) is welcome.

      greetings,

      RoB

    • Lee Rockenbach
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 21 5:08 PM
        Hi Rob, are you limiting to devil sticks, or
        including flower sticks as well? If you are including
        flower sticks I would like to suggest fiorastar (from
        this board) and Bill Vestal (I think thats the right
        spelling) of crystal stix (crystalstix.com).
        I am suggesting Fiorastar based on what I have read
        here in the group, she seems to be an accomplished
        sticker in touch with the roots of Flower (Power)
        sticking.
        I am suggesting Bill because he's just a really neat
        guy, an incredible sticker, & he taught/inspired me.
        The crystalstix web sight is commercially oriented,
        but offers lots of extras. They also sold me a large
        number of stix at a great discount, when they found
        out I was using them to teach at children's mental
        health fairs in rural TN. Heck, they even sent an
        extra set of rainbow colored super glides for me! You
        have to love a company that loves the kids.
        I haven't checked out your sight because my Dutch is
        more than a bit rusty ( I think I remember the name
        for apples) Another sight I recommend is
        rhythmsoflife.org they might fit into your sight, or
        know of Dutch groups that are similar to themselves.

        Namaste, Lee

        --- Rob Boaron <robboaron@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am working on a devilstick website. For now its
        > only in dutch, but i will make an english
        > translation when the dutch one is finished. The site
        > is a part of www.circusplanet.net.
        >
        > For this site i'm looking for some information.
        >
        > Who are the greatest and most famous devilstickers.
        > Lets say the Anthony Gattos, Michael Moschens and
        > Kris Holms of devilstick. Or at least who are you're
        > favourites?
        >
        > Also i want to make links to interesting devilstick
        > sites. I have the most well known sites, like
        > www.devilstick.de, www.devilstick.org,
        > www.devilsticking.org. But there most be other great
        > sites.
        >
        > Thanks in advance for all your help. Also feedback
        > (from those who will be able to read the dutch
        > texts) is welcome.
        >
        > greetings,
        >
        > RoB

        =====
        I amble to the beat of a diferent drummer...
        Namaste

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
      • sauoq
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 21 8:02 PM
          Rob Boaron wrote:

          > Who are the greatest and most famous devilstickers.

          I'm not sure there are any real famous devilstickers... Michael
          Sather (a.k.a. stixguru) has a good video. Neil Stammer has a video.
          Todd Strong wrote a book on devilsticking.

          > Also i want to make links to interesting devilstick sites.

          Check out the links section on http://devilsticking.org/ and also
          check the devil stick category at http://dmoz.org/.

          -bones
          http://devilsticking.org/
        • Aaron Young
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2004
            There is no qusetion that I will be the most famous stick player ever.
            Stick-Boy

            sauoq <sauoq@...> wrote:
            Rob Boaron wrote:

            > Who are the greatest and most famous devilstickers.

            I'm not sure there are any real famous devilstickers... Michael
            Sather (a.k.a. stixguru) has a good video. Neil Stammer has a video.
            Todd Strong wrote a book on devilsticking.

            > Also i want to make links to interesting devilstick sites.

            Check out the links section on http://devilsticking.org/ and also
            check the devil stick category at http://dmoz.org/.

            -bones
            http://devilsticking.org/

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Rob Boaron
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2004
              cool !!!

              but why ?

              RoB

              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2004
                Well, thats a long story. I work with a non-profit co. (Rhythms of Life) that teaches stick play all around the country. we are located in Salt Lake City and curently are in over 40 schools, 10 summer camps and we particapate in many local events. I also just got back from Wichita Kansas where I did 11 assemblies with over 4000 students present. And after each assembly I tought two P.E. classes. not only that, there are 100 schools in kansas getting tought the sticks in P.E. which I helped teach those teachers and helped write the curriculum that the teachers follow. on the 18th I am going to LA the teach another 24 afterschool coordinators, then I off to Virginia and New York to do the same thing. And all that is only over two months. in less than two years i have tought over 9000 people. I also make my own sticks which I think are the best in the world. and soon i will be comming out with my first video of advanced single baton tricks and then a bouble baton video. I have tricks like you have never seen before. no web site or advanced video have tricks even close to tricks that i do. it may sound like Im full of myself but Im just excited about all I have done and what is still to come, its only going to get better. I want to teach the world and ive got a good start.

                Stick-Boy

                Aaron Young

                Rhythms of Life

                Master Facilitator

                Volunteer Coordinator

                (801) 973-0304

                ROLUSA.ORG

                Rob Boaron <robboaron@...> wrote:
                cool !!!

                but why ?

                RoB

                sauoq <sauoq@...> wrote:
                Rob Boaron wrote:

                > Who are the greatest and most famous devilstickers.

                I'm not sure there are any real famous devilstickers... Michael
                Sather (a.k.a. stixguru) has a good video. Neil Stammer has a video.
                Todd Strong wrote a book on devilsticking.

                > Also i want to make links to interesting devilstick sites.

                Check out the links section on http://devilsticking.org/ and also
                check the devil stick category at http://dmoz.org/.

                -bones
                http://devilsticking.org/

                Do you Yahoo!?

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • doper_harley
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2004
                  Hi !

                  There's also a guy called Markus (Whatshisname) in Germany who is
                  reallly good. You should try to find one of the vids of his 2
                  devilstick show. He's quite amazing.

                  seeya

                  Olivier
                • Rob Boaron
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2004
                    Thanks, I think you mean Markus Furtner. I saw a vid of him doing a 2
                    devilstick routine, while Thomas Dietz is standing next to him doing a 5
                    ball routine. He did some of the best devilsticking i ever saw. He's great.

                    RoB