Re: Lunastix vs. Crystalstix

  • se7endedlysinz
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2004
      Ooh, a reply from Mr. Seth. Thanks :) Now if I could only find
      what set of Devilstix I want. :P
    • fiorastar@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2004
        Hi,

        I would invite you to check out FlowerSticks at www.FlowerSticks.com before you complete your assessment. These have been around since before either of the two you mentioned and are easily in the same league.

        Fiora
      • se7endedlysinz
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2004
          There's alot of flowersticks out there it seems, and if I tried them
          all it would cost a bunch. I've had atleast 2 other pair in my past
          (couldn't really tell you which, probably Mystix) - so without
          trying anything, it's kinda hard to tell what I'll try. I undertand
          yours are the original, and I have been to your site, and think
          yours look interesting. However, I could expect a co-creator to
          come on here and hype their product. I don't doubt their
          playability, but I don't ee many people talking about them
          anywhere. That's not a bad thing, it could be out there, and I may
          not know where. But from my stand point, right now I'd rather go
          with what I see alot of people say are good.

          Once again, I don't doubt your product, and I'm sure things have
          come along way since my second, and especially first set.. but
          without trying them first*, I would be going in blind and setting
          myself up for a possible fall.

          Thanks for yours. If you'd like to further discuss the subject, feel
          free to email me :)

          *Demo video's or something of the sort may spark more interest.
        • fiorastar@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 20, 2004
            Well, the main reason you don't see our FlowerSticks "out there" being discussed much is because the two originators moved on to other things in their lives, and we have been busy going through a divorce in the past year-splitting up the business-and not doing much in the way of marketing to the masses.  Couldn't say that for Crystalstix or Lunastix.  We only started this up as a way of earning a living with our little family while taking our kids along for the ride.  Never got very big with it in marketing sense, but still, the sticks are VERY well made, and we really mean the lifetime guarantee.  If you bought a set and did not like them, since you expressed that concern, I would be happy to refund your money should you return them.  I am honestly, even now, not trying to market to you or to this list.  Just trying to return to the conversation after nearly a year of fighting to keep the ability to make these and sell them with a guy I never expected to have to do that with.  And trying to make sure that the history doesn't erase what we did-which was basically bring the concept of a light juggle stick for beginners and beyond to a market which had never heard of them.  We really were the first out there-and it was a very fun time.

            Yours in Fun!
            Fiora
            www.FlowerSticks.com
            www.greendemocraticalliance.org
          • Rob Boaron
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
                Hey Rob,

                > Just wondering: Are Crystalsticks and Lunasticks mainly for sale in America? Because i don't remember seeing them over here in europe.

                I haven't really found a place in the Netherlands where to buy those
                sticks.

                I ordered my Lunastix using my credit-card over the internet.
                This worked really well. The drawback is that you won't be able to
                test the sticks before buying. I was fortunate enough to check them
                out at the EJC in Rotterdam a couple of years ago. Even at that
                juggling convention I haven't seen a Lunastix or Crystalstix stand
                (maybe I just missed them though).

                Regards,

                Maurice Makaay
              • Rob Boaron
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
                  Hey Maurice,

                  you're dutch too ? Are you going to the NJF ?

                  I will not buy those sticks from the internet. I haven't got a credit card
                  and i never tried those sticks. I guess i will stick to my radical fishes.
                  Maybe i'll be able to try them at the EJC in Carvin.

                  Greetings,

                  RoB

                  > > Just wondering: Are Crystalsticks and Lunasticks mainly for sale in
                  America? Because i don't remember seeing them over here in europe.

                  > I haven't really found a place in the Netherlands where to buy those
                  > sticks.
                  >
                  > I ordered my Lunastix using my credit-card over the internet.
                  > This worked really well. The drawback is that you won't be able to
                  > test the sticks before buying. I was fortunate enough to check them
                  > out at the EJC in Rotterdam a couple of years ago. Even at that
                  > juggling convention I haven't seen a Lunastix or Crystalstix stand
                  > (maybe I just missed them though).
                  >

                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Maurice Makaay
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Maurice Makaay
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 21, 2004
                    Hi,

                    > you're dutch too ?

                    Jazeker!

                    > Are you going to the NJF ?

                    It seems that this year I won't be able to make it :-(
                    Next year it'll be better I hope.

                    > I will not buy those sticks from the internet. I haven't got a credit card
                    > and i never tried those sticks. I guess i will stick to my radical fishes.
                    > Maybe i'll be able to try them at the EJC in Carvin.

                    Yes, you should try to do so. I like my Lunastix. They are my favourite
                    pair of flower sticks. But it really depends on your personal playing style
                    if these stix are also suitable for you.

                    Groetjes,

                    Maurice Makaay