Re: Trick database-my own not the site's.

  • devilsticktom
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 3, 2004
      Yeah- managed it minus juggling section. It's just all the tricks I
      can do which I can remember, and probably not their proper names.
      Would be good to organize them properly and to ahev a full list. Also
      a few of my tricks in their to-*feedback plz :D

      Plane
      Propeller Idle
      Double Sticking
      Spins
      Duel sticking spins
      Duel sticking rolls
      Sword Fight
      Chops
      Duel Chops
      Chopsticks
      chopstick throw
      Stop and go
      Stop and go handstick pass
      Static (all positions)
      Crosed Arms
      Behind Back
      Pass under leg kinda
      Under both legs *
      Under leg (all positions)
      Over the bridge
      Over the bridge finish flip
      propeller
      propeller toss
      propeller hits *
      Rolling Pin *
      2 sides of handstick *
      Kick up
      Verticle Stop
      Traps- end, middle and top
      arm trap
      juggling like clubs
      static mess
      helicopter helicopter
      helicopter taps
      helicopter tap on knee
      helicopter 1+1/2 hits*
      over wrist both hands
      contact helicopter
      helicopter grab *
      saw saw (fwd knuckles up)
      contact saw
      backwards
      walk around 3/4 way
      egyptian buzzsaw
      Aims All planes Completed Date
      duel propeller
      duel idle
      duel chopsticks
      mills mess
      1 handed saw
      " inside and out
      curls
      full walk around
    • daniel lessard
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004

        i am sort of humbled, that's a big list. i'm gonna go practice now. (mills mess with devil sticks?, i wanna know how to do that, i would like to know what an egyptian buzzsaw is and over the bridge is, when you have time) oh yeah, what if any pointers can you give to someone who would like to try to use to devilsticks at once might try.

        Thanks

        dan

      • Gunther Craze
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 7, 2004
          1ST:

          Hi Dan

          Its DG here . could you please tell me what you mean
          by newbies on devil sticks.

          2ND:
          To all those devilstickers around the world hope you
          all had a sticking christmas and a devilish new year.

          I DID

          .

          3RD:

          PS-does anybody in London have a contact for me to
          perform fire devilsticks and glow devilsticks.Im from
          SA and I use to do shows there,and get well paid for
          it.I come to london and have not been to lucky on
          meeting anybody who knows anything about live acts or
          who to contact.

          4TH:

          Another ?
          Does anybody know of the world devilstick competition
          somewhere in america in JULY 2006 i think.there is a
          website that you can enter at ,have to send video
          etc.I CANT REMEMBER IT.

          IF ANYBODY KNOWS PLEASE POST THE LINK.
          THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS

          HAPPY STICKING

          DEVILSTICK G

        • daniel lessard
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 7, 2004

            Greetings!

            What I meant by "newbie" is a person who has not really tried sticks before, is interested in them, ends up playing with them for an hour and then asks where they can get some.

            I would like very much to go to a "World Devil Stick Competition". I'll only enter myself if they need some easy competition. I would very much like some info on that or a link or something.

            With all due respect

            Dan

          • Gunther
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
              Morning.

              Well dan I'll let you know as soon as I find out.I
              remember from reading on the website that there are
              all different levels of competition including breaking
              world records.

              1 being Propellar-I think and I stand to
              correction-that the world record is 6 800 and
              something revolutions.I dont think that could be that
              hard.
              There was plenty others.

              Seth you should know about this competition.

              Please shed some light on the matter if you can.
              Cheers
              Devilstickers

              DG

              =====

              Devilstick G

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                Gunther <goofy27_2000@...> writes:

                > 1 being Propellar-I think and I stand to correction-that the world
                > record is 6 800 and something revolutions.I dont think that could be
                > that hard.

                Sounds more like a test of muscle tone than skill. We had a propeller
                endurance contest at the Lodi juggling festival in October. Most people
                dropped out pretty quickly, but three of us showed no signs of ever
                stopping before we just got too tired to continue, which isn't a very
                interesting contest.

                The gamesmaster (Matt Hall) decided to make us start doing tricks, and
                he picked one (toss the devil stick, flip the handstick, go back into
                propeller) that one person (Dan Holzman) was really good at and the
                other two of us were not, so that was that. I wasn't sorry to lose a
                devil stick contest to Dan Holzman. He does this stuff for a living. :)

                I'm not sure what sort of contest would be interesting though.
                Simon Says might be good, but the outcome might depend a lot on the
                order of the tricks.

                > Seth you should know about this competition.

                I haven't heard about it before. Henning's games at EJC are the only
                big devil stick event I know about.
              • Gunther
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                  Hi Seth

                  Yup I know it is more of a test of muscle tone,but
                  there were other events.As soon as I find the sight I
                  shall let you know.

                  To enter you have to send in a 20 min video of
                  yourself playing,if you are accepted to participate
                  you recieve free entry to the contest and free pair of
                  devilsticks.I will use my own though.

                  I will search and keep you guys informed.

                  Henning's games at EJC-where is this conp and when,can
                  anyone enter.

                  Please let me know:

                  Cheers
                  DG

                  =====

                  Devilstick G

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                    Gunther <goofy27_2000@...> writes:

                    > Henning's games at EJC-where is this conp and when,can
                    > anyone enter.

                    The games are open to anyone. Here's more about them:

                    http://www.devilstick.de/EJC.htm

                    EJC is the annual European Juggling Convention. It's in a different
                    country each year. The next one is in France, July 25 - August 1.

                    http://cirque-bout-du-monde.ath.cx/pages/langues/indexgb.htm
                    http://www.eja.net/
                  • Gunther
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                      Excellent Seth
                      Thankyou very much I will try be there this year.

                      Regrads
                      DG

                      =====

                      Devilstick G

                    • daniel lessard
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004

                        I think attending a juggling festival in France, is not a realistic prospect for me for this year. What a time that would be though eh? (I will get out of this province this year if I have to walk to the USA though for some juggling fun) (there is jugglers here though, couple of POI spinners but no hardcore stickers I've come across yet)

                        A 20 minute video would be fun to make, my friend has a camera but I don't think I'll do that till I'm sure If I would actually enter, otherwise I'm waiting till it's warmer out.

                        I can imagine watching paint drying is about the same as two guys near the end of a propellor spinning contest. The trick the guy came up with Seth, sounds like he was bored and wanted to finish it quickly.

                        thanks for the links though

                        (I'm gonna go get my freak on)

                        Dan

                      • Gunther
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
                          Hi daniel
                          R u in London by any chance.

                          DG

                          =====

                          Devilstick G

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
                            "daniel lessard" <ukanreechme@...> writes:

                            > (mills mess with devil sticks?, i wanna know how to do that, i would
                            > like to know what an egyptian buzzsaw is and over the bridge is

                            http://www.devilstick.org/Propeller/mills_mess.html
                            http://www.devilstick.org/Saw/egyptian_buzzsaw.html

                            I don't know what "over the bridge" is.
                          • devilsticktom
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 13, 2004
                              yeah-most my tricks are from devilstick.org and devilstick.de. over
                              the bridge isn't mine but a learnt off a bloke and didn't catch
                              it's "real name". It's where u start with the ds in crossed armed
                              position then do a contact helicopter half way but not so the ds is
                              over you but at body level. then roll the ds down onto your arms and
                              then back onto yr sticks. Hopefully sum1 will know what I'm talking
                              about
                              Tom
                            • daniel lessard
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 16, 2004

                                that is immpossible. I used to think a buzz saw was immpossibe too but I can do that now. I'll keep practicing.

                                >From: "devilsticktom"
                                >To: DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com
                                >Subject: [DevilStickForum] Re: Trick database-my own not the site's.
                                >Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:27:53 -0000
                                >
                                >yeah-most my tricks are from devilstick.org and devilstick.de. over
                                >the bridge isn't mine but a learnt off a bloke and didn't catch
                                >it's "real name". It's where u start with the ds in crossed armed
                                >position then do a contact helicopter half way but not so the ds is
                                >over you but at body level. then roll the ds down onto your arms and
                                >then back onto yr sticks. Hopefully sum1 will know what I'm talking
                                >about
                                >       Tom

                              • j bones
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 27, 2004

                                  Please visit http://devilsticking.org.

                                  Okay, I got -really- tired of all the cure4limpdick postings... Well, that and i just thought that we should have a community oriented site. I didn't see any reason why those blokes over at contactjuggling.org should have one and we shouldn't. :-) More importantly, of all the devilsticking websites, most of them aren't very community oriented. I felt that something like this might help us sticker players come together and maybe bring more attention to devilsticking in general...

                                  So, please visit. Please register. Please post and participate! So far, there's a gallery for pictures and several topic areas. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Devilsticking.org is meant to be -our- site... I'm just the custodian.

                                  Please note that this is the first public mention of the site and the first ten people that register will get... well... the satisfaction of knowing they were one of the first ten people to register!

                                   -sauoq

                                  Do you Yahoo!?
                                • Lee
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                                    Nice site bones! It looks like a lot of work went into it too!
                                    Thanx & well... Thanx

                                    --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, j bones <sauoq@y...> wrote:

                                    > Please visit http://devilsticking.org
                                    >
                                    > Okay, I got -really- tired of all the cure4limpdick postings...
                                    Well, that and i just thought that we should have a community oriented
                                    site. I didn't see any reason why those blokes over at
                                    contactjuggling.org should have one and we shouldn't. :-) More
                                    importantly, of all the devilsticking websites, most of them aren't
                                    very community oriented. I felt that something like this might help us
                                    sticker players come together and maybe bring more attention to
                                    devilsticking in general...

                                    > So, please visit. Please register. Please post and participate! So
                                    far, there's a gallery for pictures and several topic areas. I'm open
                                    to any and all suggestions. Devilsticking.org is meant to be -our-
                                    site... I'm just the custodian.

                                    > Please note that this is the first public mention of the site and
                                    the first ten people that register will get... well... the
                                    satisfaction of knowing they were one of the first ten people to register!

                                    > -sauoq

                                  • j bones
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 29, 2004

                                      Lee <rockytop2000@...> wrote:

                                         Nice site bones! It looks like a lot of work went into it too!
                                      Thanx & well... Thanx

                                      Thanks for signing up, Lee! Got any suggestions to make it better?

                                      You could really help out by clicking on the "Write an article" link and telling everyone a little about yourself with a paragraph or two in the "Players" topic area. And by posting something in the other sections... in other words, we need help building content and we need to get more conversations started. :-)

                                      Thanks again.

                                      -sauoq

                                      Do you Yahoo!?