Trick database-my own not the site's.

  • devilsticktom
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hey, just finished me own juggling trick database so I can track
      progress and tricks. Theres my ball, club + DS tricks on there and
      it's in MS excel.I'm no pro but it's pretty good. If any1 fancies a
      look, post and I'll send it as an attachment. Is there any other way
      to do this to prevent virus' and trash being sent?
      Tom
    • daniel lessard
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2004

        I have not had much chance to reply to much over the holidays, (Happy Holidays guys). I would like to see your database of tricks, indeed a good idea. I am not to sure if you can post a link, though i believe you can. copy and paste it onto a post if it's not too big a file. I have managed to turn some newbies onto devil sticks, (they are quite addictive and don't let your grades fall). Any info that can be found on the net regarding sticks is always appricieated.

        Dan

      • devilsticktom
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 3, 2004
          Yeah- managed it minus juggling section. It's just all the tricks I
          can do which I can remember, and probably not their proper names.
          Would be good to organize them properly and to ahev a full list. Also
          a few of my tricks in their to-*feedback plz :D

          Plane
          Propeller Idle
          Double Sticking
          Spins
          Duel sticking spins
          Duel sticking rolls
          Sword Fight
          Chops
          Duel Chops
          Chopsticks
          chopstick throw
          Stop and go
          Stop and go handstick pass
          Static (all positions)
          Crosed Arms
          Behind Back
          Pass under leg kinda
          Under both legs *
          Under leg (all positions)
          Over the bridge
          Over the bridge finish flip
          propeller
          propeller toss
          propeller hits *
          Rolling Pin *
          2 sides of handstick *
          Kick up
          Verticle Stop
          Traps- end, middle and top
          arm trap
          juggling like clubs
          static mess
          helicopter helicopter
          helicopter taps
          helicopter tap on knee
          helicopter 1+1/2 hits*
          over wrist both hands
          contact helicopter
          helicopter grab *
          saw saw (fwd knuckles up)
          contact saw
          backwards
          walk around 3/4 way
          egyptian buzzsaw
          Aims All planes Completed Date
          duel propeller
          duel idle
          duel chopsticks
          mills mess
          1 handed saw
          " inside and out
          curls
          full walk around
        • daniel lessard
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 5, 2004

            i am sort of humbled, that's a big list. i'm gonna go practice now. (mills mess with devil sticks?, i wanna know how to do that, i would like to know what an egyptian buzzsaw is and over the bridge is, when you have time) oh yeah, what if any pointers can you give to someone who would like to try to use to devilsticks at once might try.

            Thanks

            dan

          • Gunther Craze
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 7, 2004
              1ST:

              Hi Dan

              Its DG here . could you please tell me what you mean
              by newbies on devil sticks.

              2ND:
              To all those devilstickers around the world hope you
              all had a sticking christmas and a devilish new year.

              I DID

              .

              3RD:

              PS-does anybody in London have a contact for me to
              perform fire devilsticks and glow devilsticks.Im from
              SA and I use to do shows there,and get well paid for
              it.I come to london and have not been to lucky on
              meeting anybody who knows anything about live acts or
              who to contact.

              4TH:

              Another ?
              Does anybody know of the world devilstick competition
              somewhere in america in JULY 2006 i think.there is a
              website that you can enter at ,have to send video
              etc.I CANT REMEMBER IT.

              IF ANYBODY KNOWS PLEASE POST THE LINK.
              THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS

              HAPPY STICKING

              DEVILSTICK G

            • daniel lessard
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 7, 2004

                Greetings!

                What I meant by "newbie" is a person who has not really tried sticks before, is interested in them, ends up playing with them for an hour and then asks where they can get some.

                I would like very much to go to a "World Devil Stick Competition". I'll only enter myself if they need some easy competition. I would very much like some info on that or a link or something.

                With all due respect

                Dan

              • Gunther
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                  Morning.

                  Well dan I'll let you know as soon as I find out.I
                  remember from reading on the website that there are
                  all different levels of competition including breaking
                  world records.

                  1 being Propellar-I think and I stand to
                  correction-that the world record is 6 800 and
                  something revolutions.I dont think that could be that
                  hard.
                  There was plenty others.

                  Seth you should know about this competition.

                  Please shed some light on the matter if you can.
                  Cheers
                  Devilstickers

                  DG

                  =====

                  Devilstick G

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                    Gunther <goofy27_2000@...> writes:

                    > 1 being Propellar-I think and I stand to correction-that the world
                    > record is 6 800 and something revolutions.I dont think that could be
                    > that hard.

                    Sounds more like a test of muscle tone than skill. We had a propeller
                    endurance contest at the Lodi juggling festival in October. Most people
                    dropped out pretty quickly, but three of us showed no signs of ever
                    stopping before we just got too tired to continue, which isn't a very
                    interesting contest.

                    The gamesmaster (Matt Hall) decided to make us start doing tricks, and
                    he picked one (toss the devil stick, flip the handstick, go back into
                    propeller) that one person (Dan Holzman) was really good at and the
                    other two of us were not, so that was that. I wasn't sorry to lose a
                    devil stick contest to Dan Holzman. He does this stuff for a living. :)

                    I'm not sure what sort of contest would be interesting though.
                    Simon Says might be good, but the outcome might depend a lot on the
                    order of the tricks.

                    > Seth you should know about this competition.

                    I haven't heard about it before. Henning's games at EJC are the only
                    big devil stick event I know about.
                  • Gunther
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                      Hi Seth

                      Yup I know it is more of a test of muscle tone,but
                      there were other events.As soon as I find the sight I
                      shall let you know.

                      To enter you have to send in a 20 min video of
                      yourself playing,if you are accepted to participate
                      you recieve free entry to the contest and free pair of
                      devilsticks.I will use my own though.

                      I will search and keep you guys informed.

                      Henning's games at EJC-where is this conp and when,can
                      anyone enter.

                      Please let me know:

                      Cheers
                      DG

                      =====

                      Devilstick G

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                        Gunther <goofy27_2000@...> writes:

                        > Henning's games at EJC-where is this conp and when,can
                        > anyone enter.

                        The games are open to anyone. Here's more about them:

                        http://www.devilstick.de/EJC.htm

                        EJC is the annual European Juggling Convention. It's in a different
                        country each year. The next one is in France, July 25 - August 1.

                        http://cirque-bout-du-monde.ath.cx/pages/langues/indexgb.htm
                        http://www.eja.net/
                      • Gunther
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004
                          Excellent Seth
                          Thankyou very much I will try be there this year.

                          Regrads
                          DG

                          =====

                          Devilstick G

                        • daniel lessard
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 8, 2004

                            I think attending a juggling festival in France, is not a realistic prospect for me for this year. What a time that would be though eh? (I will get out of this province this year if I have to walk to the USA though for some juggling fun) (there is jugglers here though, couple of POI spinners but no hardcore stickers I've come across yet)

                            A 20 minute video would be fun to make, my friend has a camera but I don't think I'll do that till I'm sure If I would actually enter, otherwise I'm waiting till it's warmer out.

                            I can imagine watching paint drying is about the same as two guys near the end of a propellor spinning contest. The trick the guy came up with Seth, sounds like he was bored and wanted to finish it quickly.

                            thanks for the links though

                            (I'm gonna go get my freak on)

                            Dan

                          • Gunther
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
                              Hi daniel
                              R u in London by any chance.

                              DG

                              =====

                              Devilstick G

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 9, 2004
                                "daniel lessard" <ukanreechme@...> writes:

                                > (mills mess with devil sticks?, i wanna know how to do that, i would
                                > like to know what an egyptian buzzsaw is and over the bridge is

                                http://www.devilstick.org/Propeller/mills_mess.html
                                http://www.devilstick.org/Saw/egyptian_buzzsaw.html

                                I don't know what "over the bridge" is.
                              • devilsticktom
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 13, 2004
                                  yeah-most my tricks are from devilstick.org and devilstick.de. over
                                  the bridge isn't mine but a learnt off a bloke and didn't catch
                                  it's "real name". It's where u start with the ds in crossed armed
                                  position then do a contact helicopter half way but not so the ds is
                                  over you but at body level. then roll the ds down onto your arms and
                                  then back onto yr sticks. Hopefully sum1 will know what I'm talking
                                  about
                                  Tom
                                • daniel lessard
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 16, 2004

                                    that is immpossible. I used to think a buzz saw was immpossibe too but I can do that now. I'll keep practicing.

                                    >From: "devilsticktom"
                                    >To: DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com
                                    >Subject: [DevilStickForum] Re: Trick database-my own not the site's.
                                    >Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:27:53 -0000
                                    >
                                    >yeah-most my tricks are from devilstick.org and devilstick.de. over
                                    >the bridge isn't mine but a learnt off a bloke and didn't catch
                                    >it's "real name". It's where u start with the ds in crossed armed
                                    >position then do a contact helicopter half way but not so the ds is
                                    >over you but at body level. then roll the ds down onto your arms and
                                    >then back onto yr sticks. Hopefully sum1 will know what I'm talking
                                    >about
                                    >       Tom

                                  • j bones
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 27, 2004

                                      Please visit http://devilsticking.org.

                                      Okay, I got -really- tired of all the cure4limpdick postings... Well, that and i just thought that we should have a community oriented site. I didn't see any reason why those blokes over at contactjuggling.org should have one and we shouldn't. :-) More importantly, of all the devilsticking websites, most of them aren't very community oriented. I felt that something like this might help us sticker players come together and maybe bring more attention to devilsticking in general...

                                      So, please visit. Please register. Please post and participate! So far, there's a gallery for pictures and several topic areas. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Devilsticking.org is meant to be -our- site... I'm just the custodian.

                                      Please note that this is the first public mention of the site and the first ten people that register will get... well... the satisfaction of knowing they were one of the first ten people to register!

                                       -sauoq

                                      Do you Yahoo!?
                                    • Lee
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 28, 2004
                                        Nice site bones! It looks like a lot of work went into it too!
                                        Thanx & well... Thanx

                                        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, j bones <sauoq@y...> wrote:

                                        > Please visit http://devilsticking.org
                                        >
                                        > Okay, I got -really- tired of all the cure4limpdick postings...
                                        Well, that and i just thought that we should have a community oriented
                                        site. I didn't see any reason why those blokes over at
                                        contactjuggling.org should have one and we shouldn't. :-) More
                                        importantly, of all the devilsticking websites, most of them aren't
                                        very community oriented. I felt that something like this might help us
                                        sticker players come together and maybe bring more attention to
                                        devilsticking in general...

                                        > So, please visit. Please register. Please post and participate! So
                                        far, there's a gallery for pictures and several topic areas. I'm open
                                        to any and all suggestions. Devilsticking.org is meant to be -our-
                                        site... I'm just the custodian.

                                        > Please note that this is the first public mention of the site and
                                        the first ten people that register will get... well... the
                                        satisfaction of knowing they were one of the first ten people to register!

                                        > -sauoq

                                      • j bones
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jan 29, 2004

                                          Lee <rockytop2000@...> wrote:

                                             Nice site bones! It looks like a lot of work went into it too!
                                          Thanx & well... Thanx

                                          Thanks for signing up, Lee! Got any suggestions to make it better?

                                          You could really help out by clicking on the "Write an article" link and telling everyone a little about yourself with a paragraph or two in the "Players" topic area. And by posting something in the other sections... in other words, we need help building content and we need to get more conversations started. :-)

                                          Thanks again.

                                          -sauoq

                                          Do you Yahoo!?