Re: [DevilStickForum] Devil Stick Inventions

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
      Fiora Starchild <Fiorastar@...>.com writes:

      >> and several years ago someone around here was selling a stick with
      >> a fiberglass shaft that was fantastic for bouncing off body parts.
      >> (Had I realized he'd disappear, I'd have bought a few extras.)
      >
      > "HE" hasn't disappeared-or at least, not the one "he" probably got
      > the idea from if it wasn't us.

      Sorry for the mystery. I was talking about Jean Paul LaBrosse.
      I don't know where he got the inspiration for his style of sticking,
      but I think it was his style that led him to make his sticks (which
      he called "Tao Stix").

      He does a lot of body bounces (forearms, elbows, shoulders, knees,
      feet, legs, head, neck, back) and the sticks he made, and the particular
      type and size fiberglass shaft he uses, work extremely well for that.
      They're a bit weird for more normal moves though, so I almost never
      use mine, but they're a lot of fun for bouncing around like a devil
      stick hacky sack halfbreed.

      The other fiberglass sticks I've tried behave much more like the
      wooden and aluminum ones we're all more familiar with. (Not that
      they're the same, but they're much more normal than the Tao Stix,
      which really only work well for the body bounce style they were
      designed for.)