Re: [DevilStickForum] Re: Hi

  • daniel lessard
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
      I have been very eager to try stilts while playing with sticks, fire or not.
      There was a group selling all sorts of equipment at our local Busker
      Festival. They also wanted such a large sum of cash for their set of stilts
      that I was deflated from the idea for a little time. I have been eyeing the
      type that a guy who does drywall work uses.
      I am always trying to fine tune my basic sticking, it helps for practising
      more complicated stuff. I have been lately trying different transitions from
      hand to hand. (my that's hard to describe) more simply, I am spinning it in
      one hand and then I switch hands, with the goal in mind is for the devil
      stick to not really cange what it was doing. (my friend who is a drummer
      sort of gave me an analogy, a perfect drumroll should sound uniform, you
      should not be able to tell the differnce between on stick hitting the drum
      from the other) I have tried it with a propellor type spin and found it to
      be a good part of my practice regimen, so I have been trying it with
      everything that i do with the stick. It has helped my left hand single
      sticking considerably. i'll try to compile a list of tricks that I know.(the
      names may be changed due to everybody calls them different things it seems)

      carpe diem

      Dan

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2003
        "daniel lessard" <ukanreechme@...> writes:

        > then I switch hands, with the goal in mind is for the devil stick to
        > not really cange what it was doing.

        That's a good idea. It can make some really good looking tricks, too.
        I like the propeller version. Some friends of mine once told me it
        looked like I wasn't holding up the devil stick at all, that I was
        just sort of waving my handsticks around while it floated and spun in
        the middle on its own.

        > i'll try to compile a list of tricks that I know.(the names may be
        > changed due to everybody calls them different things it seems)

        Rather than describe each trick because we don't know your language,
        why not just use the names on devilstick.org?