Re: Firesticks which ones?

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 21, 2003
      Personally I have become a big fan of Todd Smith products. I currently
      own a cloth covered devil for day use, and a TS fire devil for night
      play. So far the fire stick has been great, and has a good grip. It
      does get a little bit slick toward the ends as they get sooty, but it
      is not very bad. I do recommend wiping your sticks well after fueling,
      and again after each burn to keep them clean. soot/fuel build up will
      reduce your grip.

      As for other night sticks, Todd SMith does have a glow in the dark
      devil on their site that does look good, and I plan on getting a set
      of these soon, howeverI haven't used them yet, so I can't give any
      optinion on how bright they are.

      For upclose pictures of my TS fire's, and me playing with them check
      out http://www.chainmailbuddha.com/fire

      --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "spermresearch" <sarah.
      yeates@u...> wrote:
      > Any advice on the best (stickiest) firestick on the market. was
      > looking at a Mister Babache one and might wrap the stick in kevlar
      > myself or maybe it is best to make one? Any tips and advice much
      > appreciated. I have glow in the dark tape on my present stick but
      > it does not work very well and I would like to improve it. Does
      > anyone have any ideas on any better glow in the dark materials I can
      > use to cover my stick?
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Sarah
    • spermresearch
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 22, 2003
        Thanks for this will look into it. Its hard buying off the web
        without being able to try the stick to get the feel of it. Dont
        think I can get to Camden in the near future so will just take the
        risk probably. Did you order your TS firestick off the net?

        Cheers
        Sarah

        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <Evildman@t...>
        wrote:
        > Personally I have become a big fan of Todd Smith products. I
        currently
        > own a cloth covered devil for day use, and a TS fire devil for
        night
        > play. So far the fire stick has been great, and has a good grip.
        It
        > does get a little bit slick toward the ends as they get sooty, but
        it
        > is not very bad. I do recommend wiping your sticks well after
        fueling,
        > and again after each burn to keep them clean. soot/fuel build up
        will
        > reduce your grip.
        >
        > As for other night sticks, Todd SMith does have a glow in the dark
        > devil on their site that does look good, and I plan on getting a
        set
        > of these soon, howeverI haven't used them yet, so I can't give any
        > optinion on how bright they are.
        >
        > For upclose pictures of my TS fire's, and me playing with them
        check
        > out http://www.chainmailbuddha.com/fire
        >
        > --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "spermresearch" <sarah.
        > yeates@u...> wrote:
        > > Any advice on the best (stickiest) firestick on the market. was
        > > looking at a Mister Babache one and might wrap the stick in
        kevlar
        > > myself or maybe it is best to make one? Any tips and advice much
        > > appreciated. I have glow in the dark tape on my present stick
        but
        > > it does not work very well and I would like to improve it. Does
        > > anyone have any ideas on any better glow in the dark materials I
        can
        > > use to cover my stick?
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > >
        > > Sarah
      • Gunther Craze
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 22, 2003
          Hi all, can anyone tell me where to look up the Todd
          Smith glow devilstick.I recently purchased some from
          Aerotech.Wicked stick but difficult to use.Very
          heavy.Anyway

          Cheers --- spermresearch <sarah.yeates@...>
          wrote: > Thanks for this will look into it. Its hard
          buying
          > off the web
          > without being able to try the stick to get the feel
          > of it. Dont
          > think I can get to Camden in the near future so will
          > just take the
          > risk probably. Did you order your TS firestick off
          > the net?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Sarah

        • spermresearch
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 23, 2003
            If you search Todd Smith in Google they have a website.

            --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, Gunther Craze
            <goofy27_2000@y...> wrote:
            > Hi all, can anyone tell me where to look up the Todd
            > Smith glow devilstick.I recently purchased some from
            > Aerotech.Wicked stick but difficult to use.Very
            > heavy.Anyway
            >
            > Cheers --- spermresearch <sarah.yeates@u...>
            > wrote: > Thanks for this will look into it. Its hard
            > buying
            > > off the web
            > > without being able to try the stick to get the feel
            > > of it. Dont
            > > think I can get to Camden in the near future so will
            > > just take the
            > > risk probably. Did you order your TS firestick off
            > > the net?
            > >
            > > Cheers
            > > Sarah

            ___
            > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
            Yahoo!
            > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
          • Tharaneetharan Arumugarajah
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 23, 2003
              Hey Gunther. Remember me? If you wanna look at all the Todd Smith stuff check out www.toddsmith.com
              It's gonna cost you international shipping charges to get it from there to the UK, though. I've actually got the Todd Smith glow in the dark stick. Got it while I was in the states. They're super light, so they fly real fast. From what I've been told, the fire ones are pretty light as well. I like taking mine to parties with black lights 'cause they glow like a light saber in the UV. Since they travel so fast you can really play with people's minds when you pick up the pace, very Jedi. Of course there's no comparison to the high and pricey aerotech, although the TS are little more traditional looking, a bit less flashy - hehee. Unfortunately, most vendors aren't gonna stock 'em cause of international shipping charges. Brian Dube (www.dube.com) is another really quality American maker that most people won't stock in England. Very nice sticks - if you don't mind a bit of weight on your stick.

              Sarah - Don't get the Mr. Babache fire stick. The middle part is wrapped in deco tape. That's gonna melt and burn off after several burns. Get one of the sticks that have heat resistant alluminum tape wrapped around the middle. The Radical Fish fire devil sticks are nice. I like the holographic tape toward the very center - well away from the wicks. But, I don't like the way they attach the wicks. They're a bitch to replace and they don't get as big a flame. The sticks that are wrapped circumferentially (sp?) get a larger flame, are much easier to replace, and easier to upgrade to a wider wick later. Fire!!! I personally have an AJA - Advanced Juggling Articles stick. They're from Germany and they've got a really cool name. I like my sticks on the heavier side recently, so the AJA works nicely for me. I got mine at Oddballs in person, it's not listed on they're website: www.oddballs.co.uk . Although, I've seen it sold at www.homeofpoi.com . I've got an Odballs original normal devil stick as well and I really like it. Not to heavy, not to light. It's made by the owner (who's an amazing at the devillin').

              My advice: If I were you I, I'd probably get the oddballs fire devil stick. It's a pretty safe bet you'll like them (not to heavy, not to light) and they're pretty cheap at 20 quid. Plus if you know of anyone heading to London you can skip out on shipping charges.

              Sorry about rant, I'm a wind bag. Happy hunting! Peace.

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • spermresearch
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 24, 2003
                Hey Tharaneetharan thanks for the advice. Good point about the Mr
                Babache I hadnt thought about the tape burning. I had a look on the
                odd balls website- their firestick looks good. They have 2, a foil
                wrapped one and a slightly more expensive plain aluminium one. Any
                idea about the grip of these? I also looked at the AJA one. I found
                this at www.butterfingers.co.uk. Another stick I have looked at is
                the kestral here http://www.fyrefli.com/fyrestik.htm. There is no
                information about weight or anything on the site though. Has anyone
                used these before? Im spoilt for choice at the moment and am
                struggling to decide. Oh yeah I also dont mind heavier sticks at
                the moment..

                Happy twirling

                --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, Tharaneetharan Arumugarajah
                <docfirestein@y...> wrote:
                > Hey Gunther. Remember me? If you wanna look at all the Todd Smith
                stuff check out www.toddsmith.com
                > It's gonna cost you international shipping charges to get it from
                there to the UK, though. I've actually got the Todd Smith glow in
                the dark stick. Got it while I was in the states. They're super
                light, so they fly real fast. From what I've been told, the fire
                ones are pretty light as well. I like taking mine to parties with
                black lights 'cause they glow like a light saber in the UV. Since
                they travel so fast you can really play with people's minds when you
                pick up the pace, very Jedi. Of course there's no comparison to the
                high and pricey aerotech, although the TS are little more
                traditional looking, a bit less flashy - hehee. Unfortunately, most
                vendors aren't gonna stock 'em cause of international shipping
                charges. Brian Dube (www.dube.com) is another really quality
                American maker that most people won't stock in England. Very nice
                sticks - if you don't mind a bit of weight on your stick.

                > Sarah - Don't get the Mr. Babache fire stick. The middle part is
                wrapped in deco tape. That's gonna melt and burn off after several
                burns. Get one of the sticks that have heat resistant alluminum tape
                wrapped around the middle. The Radical Fish fire devil sticks are
                nice. I like the holographic tape toward the very center - well away
                from the wicks. But, I don't like the way they attach the wicks.
                They're a bitch to replace and they don't get as big a flame. The
                sticks that are wrapped circumferentially (sp?) get a larger flame,
                are much easier to replace, and easier to upgrade to a wider wick
                later. Fire!!! I personally have an AJA - Advanced Juggling Articles
                stick. They're from Germany and they've got a really cool name. I
                like my sticks on the heavier side recently, so the AJA works nicely
                for me. I got mine at Oddballs in person, it's not listed on they're
                website: www.oddballs.co.uk . Although, I've seen it sold at
                www.homeofpoi.com . I've got an Odballs original normal devil
                > stick as well and I really like it. Not to heavy, not to light.
                It's made by the owner (who's an amazing at the devillin').

                > My advice: If I were you I, I'd probably get the oddballs fire
                devil stick. It's a pretty safe bet you'll like them (not to heavy,
                not to light) and they're pretty cheap at 20 quid. Plus if you know
                of anyone heading to London you can skip out on shipping charges.

                > Sorry about rant, I'm a wind bag. Happy hunting! Peace.

              • gary lawrence
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 26, 2003

                  hello all.

                  i am trying to make some flower stick. could anybody tell me what sort of cheap material i can use for grip.

                  gary

                  hey gunther

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 26, 2003
                    Good old fashioned rubber tubing>>>try tyre fitting
                    shop.
                    devilstick G hey..... Ive just realised its you from
                    Edinburgh......Wow how wacked is that.--- gary
                    lawrence

                    How you doing man?@~*&^%

                  • Sam
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 28, 2003
                      <goofy27_2000@y...> wrote:
                      > Good old fashioned rubber tubing>>>try tyre fitting
                      > shop.
                      > devilstick G hey..... Ive just realised its you from
                      > Edinburgh......Wow how wacked is that.--- gary
                      > lawrence
                      >
                      > How you doing man?@~*&^%
                      >
                      > hey everybody
                      > my name is Sam and this is my first time here and i'm devilsticking
                      for a few weeks now. i've got a golo devilstick (mr babache??)with
                      some kind of grip tape that sucks big time cause after a week it
                      started to ware out so i pulled it of and i used some "'rubbaweld'
                      self-amalgating tape" it's marine tape to make something waterproof,
                      it's rubber tape that doesn't stick and you strech it to 3 times its
                      length and put it on and it 'melts' together. it worked even better
                      then i hoped, it's sticky and really smooth. i've put duct tape at
                      the ends and in the middle and the duct tape lookes worse than the
                      rubbaweld after dropping it like a 1000 times.
                      just look rubbawelt up in google, don't know the price cause my dad
                      sells it... ;-)
                      keep those sticks spinning!
                      Sam

                      __
                      > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
                      Yahoo!
                      > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
                    • g a