Firesticks which ones?

  • spermresearch
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 21, 2003
      Any advice on the best (stickiest) firestick on the market. was
      looking at a Mister Babache one and might wrap the stick in kevlar
      myself or maybe it is best to make one? Any tips and advice much
      appreciated. I have glow in the dark tape on my present stick but
      it does not work very well and I would like to improve it. Does
      anyone have any ideas on any better glow in the dark materials I can
      use to cover my stick?

      Cheers

      Sarah
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 21, 2003
        Personally I have become a big fan of Todd Smith products. I currently
        own a cloth covered devil for day use, and a TS fire devil for night
        play. So far the fire stick has been great, and has a good grip. It
        does get a little bit slick toward the ends as they get sooty, but it
        is not very bad. I do recommend wiping your sticks well after fueling,
        and again after each burn to keep them clean. soot/fuel build up will
        reduce your grip.

        As for other night sticks, Todd SMith does have a glow in the dark
        devil on their site that does look good, and I plan on getting a set
        of these soon, howeverI haven't used them yet, so I can't give any
        optinion on how bright they are.

        For upclose pictures of my TS fire's, and me playing with them check
        out http://www.chainmailbuddha.com/fire

        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "spermresearch" <sarah.
        yeates@u...> wrote:
        > Any advice on the best (stickiest) firestick on the market. was
        > looking at a Mister Babache one and might wrap the stick in kevlar
        > myself or maybe it is best to make one? Any tips and advice much
        > appreciated. I have glow in the dark tape on my present stick but
        > it does not work very well and I would like to improve it. Does
        > anyone have any ideas on any better glow in the dark materials I can
        > use to cover my stick?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Sarah
      • spermresearch
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 22, 2003
          Thanks for this will look into it. Its hard buying off the web
          without being able to try the stick to get the feel of it. Dont
          think I can get to Camden in the near future so will just take the
          risk probably. Did you order your TS firestick off the net?

          Cheers
          Sarah

          --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <Evildman@t...>
          wrote:
          > Personally I have become a big fan of Todd Smith products. I
          currently
          > own a cloth covered devil for day use, and a TS fire devil for
          night
          > play. So far the fire stick has been great, and has a good grip.
          It
          > does get a little bit slick toward the ends as they get sooty, but
          it
          > is not very bad. I do recommend wiping your sticks well after
          fueling,
          > and again after each burn to keep them clean. soot/fuel build up
          will
          > reduce your grip.
          >
          > As for other night sticks, Todd SMith does have a glow in the dark
          > devil on their site that does look good, and I plan on getting a
          set
          > of these soon, howeverI haven't used them yet, so I can't give any
          > optinion on how bright they are.
          >
          > For upclose pictures of my TS fire's, and me playing with them
          check
          > out http://www.chainmailbuddha.com/fire
          >
          > --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "spermresearch" <sarah.
          > yeates@u...> wrote:
          > > Any advice on the best (stickiest) firestick on the market. was
          > > looking at a Mister Babache one and might wrap the stick in
          kevlar
          > > myself or maybe it is best to make one? Any tips and advice much
          > > appreciated. I have glow in the dark tape on my present stick
          but
          > > it does not work very well and I would like to improve it. Does
          > > anyone have any ideas on any better glow in the dark materials I
          can
          > > use to cover my stick?
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > >
          > > Sarah
        • Gunther Craze
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 22, 2003
            Hi all, can anyone tell me where to look up the Todd
            Smith glow devilstick.I recently purchased some from
            Aerotech.Wicked stick but difficult to use.Very
            heavy.Anyway

            Cheers --- spermresearch <sarah.yeates@...>
            wrote: > Thanks for this will look into it. Its hard
            buying
            > off the web
            > without being able to try the stick to get the feel
            > of it. Dont
            > think I can get to Camden in the near future so will
            > just take the
            > risk probably. Did you order your TS firestick off
            > the net?
            >
            > Cheers
            > Sarah

          • spermresearch
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 23, 2003
              If you search Todd Smith in Google they have a website.

              --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, Gunther Craze
              <goofy27_2000@y...> wrote:
              > Hi all, can anyone tell me where to look up the Todd
              > Smith glow devilstick.I recently purchased some from
              > Aerotech.Wicked stick but difficult to use.Very
              > heavy.Anyway
              >
              > Cheers --- spermresearch <sarah.yeates@u...>
              > wrote: > Thanks for this will look into it. Its hard
              > buying
              > > off the web
              > > without being able to try the stick to get the feel
              > > of it. Dont
              > > think I can get to Camden in the near future so will
              > > just take the
              > > risk probably. Did you order your TS firestick off
              > > the net?
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > > Sarah

              ___
              > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
              Yahoo!
              > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
            • Tharaneetharan Arumugarajah
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 23, 2003
                Hey Gunther. Remember me? If you wanna look at all the Todd Smith stuff check out www.toddsmith.com
                It's gonna cost you international shipping charges to get it from there to the UK, though. I've actually got the Todd Smith glow in the dark stick. Got it while I was in the states. They're super light, so they fly real fast. From what I've been told, the fire ones are pretty light as well. I like taking mine to parties with black lights 'cause they glow like a light saber in the UV. Since they travel so fast you can really play with people's minds when you pick up the pace, very Jedi. Of course there's no comparison to the high and pricey aerotech, although the TS are little more traditional looking, a bit less flashy - hehee. Unfortunately, most vendors aren't gonna stock 'em cause of international shipping charges. Brian Dube (www.dube.com) is another really quality American maker that most people won't stock in England. Very nice sticks - if you don't mind a bit of weight on your stick.

                Sarah - Don't get the Mr. Babache fire stick. The middle part is wrapped in deco tape. That's gonna melt and burn off after several burns. Get one of the sticks that have heat resistant alluminum tape wrapped around the middle. The Radical Fish fire devil sticks are nice. I like the holographic tape toward the very center - well away from the wicks. But, I don't like the way they attach the wicks. They're a bitch to replace and they don't get as big a flame. The sticks that are wrapped circumferentially (sp?) get a larger flame, are much easier to replace, and easier to upgrade to a wider wick later. Fire!!! I personally have an AJA - Advanced Juggling Articles stick. They're from Germany and they've got a really cool name. I like my sticks on the heavier side recently, so the AJA works nicely for me. I got mine at Oddballs in person, it's not listed on they're website: www.oddballs.co.uk . Although, I've seen it sold at www.homeofpoi.com . I've got an Odballs original normal devil stick as well and I really like it. Not to heavy, not to light. It's made by the owner (who's an amazing at the devillin').

                My advice: If I were you I, I'd probably get the oddballs fire devil stick. It's a pretty safe bet you'll like them (not to heavy, not to light) and they're pretty cheap at 20 quid. Plus if you know of anyone heading to London you can skip out on shipping charges.

                Sorry about rant, I'm a wind bag. Happy hunting! Peace.

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • spermresearch
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 24, 2003
                  Hey Tharaneetharan thanks for the advice. Good point about the Mr
                  Babache I hadnt thought about the tape burning. I had a look on the
                  odd balls website- their firestick looks good. They have 2, a foil
                  wrapped one and a slightly more expensive plain aluminium one. Any
                  idea about the grip of these? I also looked at the AJA one. I found
                  this at www.butterfingers.co.uk. Another stick I have looked at is
                  the kestral here http://www.fyrefli.com/fyrestik.htm. There is no
                  information about weight or anything on the site though. Has anyone
                  used these before? Im spoilt for choice at the moment and am
                  struggling to decide. Oh yeah I also dont mind heavier sticks at
                  the moment..

                  Happy twirling

                  --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, Tharaneetharan Arumugarajah
                  <docfirestein@y...> wrote:
                  > Hey Gunther. Remember me? If you wanna look at all the Todd Smith
                  stuff check out www.toddsmith.com
                  > It's gonna cost you international shipping charges to get it from
                  there to the UK, though. I've actually got the Todd Smith glow in
                  the dark stick. Got it while I was in the states. They're super
                  light, so they fly real fast. From what I've been told, the fire
                  ones are pretty light as well. I like taking mine to parties with
                  black lights 'cause they glow like a light saber in the UV. Since
                  they travel so fast you can really play with people's minds when you
                  pick up the pace, very Jedi. Of course there's no comparison to the
                  high and pricey aerotech, although the TS are little more
                  traditional looking, a bit less flashy - hehee. Unfortunately, most
                  vendors aren't gonna stock 'em cause of international shipping
                  charges. Brian Dube (www.dube.com) is another really quality
                  American maker that most people won't stock in England. Very nice
                  sticks - if you don't mind a bit of weight on your stick.

                  > Sarah - Don't get the Mr. Babache fire stick. The middle part is
                  wrapped in deco tape. That's gonna melt and burn off after several
                  burns. Get one of the sticks that have heat resistant alluminum tape
                  wrapped around the middle. The Radical Fish fire devil sticks are
                  nice. I like the holographic tape toward the very center - well away
                  from the wicks. But, I don't like the way they attach the wicks.
                  They're a bitch to replace and they don't get as big a flame. The
                  sticks that are wrapped circumferentially (sp?) get a larger flame,
                  are much easier to replace, and easier to upgrade to a wider wick
                  later. Fire!!! I personally have an AJA - Advanced Juggling Articles
                  stick. They're from Germany and they've got a really cool name. I
                  like my sticks on the heavier side recently, so the AJA works nicely
                  for me. I got mine at Oddballs in person, it's not listed on they're
                  website: www.oddballs.co.uk . Although, I've seen it sold at
                  www.homeofpoi.com . I've got an Odballs original normal devil
                  > stick as well and I really like it. Not to heavy, not to light.
                  It's made by the owner (who's an amazing at the devillin').

                  > My advice: If I were you I, I'd probably get the oddballs fire
                  devil stick. It's a pretty safe bet you'll like them (not to heavy,
                  not to light) and they're pretty cheap at 20 quid. Plus if you know
                  of anyone heading to London you can skip out on shipping charges.

                  > Sorry about rant, I'm a wind bag. Happy hunting! Peace.

                • gary lawrence
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 26, 2003

                    hello all.

                    i am trying to make some flower stick. could anybody tell me what sort of cheap material i can use for grip.

                    gary

                    hey gunther

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 26, 2003
                      Good old fashioned rubber tubing>>>try tyre fitting
                      shop.
                      devilstick G hey..... Ive just realised its you from
                      Edinburgh......Wow how wacked is that.--- gary
                      lawrence

                      How you doing man?@~*&^%

                    • Sam
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 28, 2003
                        <goofy27_2000@y...> wrote:
                        > Good old fashioned rubber tubing>>>try tyre fitting
                        > shop.
                        > devilstick G hey..... Ive just realised its you from
                        > Edinburgh......Wow how wacked is that.--- gary
                        > lawrence
                        >
                        > How you doing man?@~*&^%
                        >
                        > hey everybody
                        > my name is Sam and this is my first time here and i'm devilsticking
                        for a few weeks now. i've got a golo devilstick (mr babache??)with
                        some kind of grip tape that sucks big time cause after a week it
                        started to ware out so i pulled it of and i used some "'rubbaweld'
                        self-amalgating tape" it's marine tape to make something waterproof,
                        it's rubber tape that doesn't stick and you strech it to 3 times its
                        length and put it on and it 'melts' together. it worked even better
                        then i hoped, it's sticky and really smooth. i've put duct tape at
                        the ends and in the middle and the duct tape lookes worse than the
                        rubbaweld after dropping it like a 1000 times.
                        just look rubbawelt up in google, don't know the price cause my dad
                        sells it... ;-)
                        keep those sticks spinning!
                        Sam

                        __
                        > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
                        Yahoo!
                        > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
                      • g a