EJC Report [newsletter copy]

  • Henning Wiescher
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2001
      I would like to inform you about the European Juggling Convention in
      Rotterdam 2001. It was raining a little bit during the week,
      but we all had a really good time at the convention. A lot of
      devilstickers joined the festival.

      In the opening show were two devilstick acts: Luci Lou (sp?) from
      Hamburg/Germany performed with nice acrobatic parts and Han Toan Lim
      from the Netherlands with his characteristic devilstick moves.

      There were many devilstick workshops: Jan Bernd (GER) explained tricks
      with throwing handsticks (see german trick database). Corinae Florent
      (F) teached a beginners workshop and also Han Toan Lim (NL), who held
      another intermediate workshop later. After the jolleystick
      competition we had a devilstick breakout session followed by a 2
      devilstick workshop (Markus, GER). Sorry, if I missed some
      informations, please tell me.

      By the way, Markus Furtner (GER) did a new world record by holding 2
      devilsticks in the air doing the idle for 15 minutes !
      Congratulations !

      We had the 1st European Jolleystick Competition with 12 competitors.
      On my website are some informations and pictures about the
      competition - a detailed english report will be in the next
      issue of kaskade, the european juggling magazine.

      Here are the Winners:

      1. Devil-Henning (D)
      2. Markus Furtner (D)
      3. Pierrick Lamy (F)
      4. Nick Christian (UK)

      Competitors:

      Jan Farrow (UK)
      Nick Christian (UK)
      Pierrick Lamy (F)
      Florent (F)
      Eemeli Aro (Finnland)
      Anita Kainar (D)
      Jan Bernd (D)
      Markus Furtner (D)
      Tim Wenzion (D)
      Devil-Henning (D)
      Alex (D)
      Christoph (D)

      NEW: Since august there is available the first devilstick cd rom:
      "Faszination Devilstick" - with an offline version of my website
      (german) and a multimedia presentation video - more infos on
      devilstick.de !

      Ciao,
      Devil-Henning.
      http://www.devilstick.de