Re: [DevilStickForum] Re: EJC Jolleystick Competition

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
      info@... writes:

      > Please take a look at
      > http://www.devilstick.de/info/conventions.htm#Bilder - there is a
      > (not so really good) picture with devilstickers who joined one of the
      > workshops in Edinbourgh 1998. Are you on this picture ?

      Yes. I'm in the front row, wearing a red shirt. Are you in there
      too? None of those people looks like the one on your web site.

      I have a similar picture. Mine came out a bit better.

      http://www.aigeek.com/photos/1998-Scotland/Images/Large/2-09.jpg

      Oddly, one of our pictures is reversed left-to-right. I think it's
      yours, because I remember where we were facing, and it matches my
      picture. :-)

      I'm glad we posed for that. I used the photo once before, when talking
      to Han Toan Lim in email. In the picture, he's the man next to me in
      a white shirt. I saw him again last October at a festival Amsterdam.
      He's got some great tricks that are quite different from what most other
      people do. He's very creative.

      I wish I could go to Rotterdam. Next year for sure!
    • Henning Wiescher
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 28, 2001
        > > Please take a look at
        > > http://www.devilstick.de/info/conventions.htm#Bilder - there is a
        > > (not so really good) picture with devilstickers who joined one of
        the
        > > workshops in Edinbourgh 1998. Are you on this picture ?
        >
        > Yes. I'm in the front row, wearing a red shirt.

        Hey cool !!!

        > Are you in there
        > too? None of those people looks like the one on your web site.

        Right. I made the photos...

        > I have a similar picture. Mine came out a bit better.
        >
        > http://www.aigeek.com/photos/1998-Scotland/Images/Large/2-09.jpg
        >
        > Oddly, one of our pictures is reversed left-to-right. I think it's
        > yours, because I remember where we were facing, and it matches my
        > picture. :-)

        ups - you're right. Sure it happened when scanning my slide. I should
        reverse it...

        > I'm glad we posed for that. I used the photo once before, when
        talking
        > to Han Toan Lim in email. In the picture, he's the man next to me
        in
        > a white shirt. I saw him again last October at a festival
        Amsterdam.
        > He's got some great tricks that are quite different from what most
        other
        > people do. He's very creative.

        Yes, indeed. He's a great person. I did meet him again at the Dutch
        juggling conventions.

        > I wish I could go to Rotterdam. Next year for sure!

        I remember in Edinbourgh there were a few people playing two
        devilsticks. But there was only one person who was able to play one
        stick in the propeller plane and the other in the helicopter plane.
        At that time I just started with two sticks and I was deeply
        impressed. I'm sure it was you, or ?

        Henning.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 28, 2001
          "Henning Wiescher" <info@...> writes:

          > Right. I made the photos...

          Oh, right. I forgot there must be someone behind the camera.

          > there was only one person who was able to play one stick in the
          > propeller plane and the other in the helicopter plane.

          That is impressive. It wasn't me though. I don't do two.