RE: [DevilStickForum] Re: EJC Jolleystick Competition

  • Mikulas, Eric
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
      that sounds like an awesome game!! makes me wish i knew more people who are into it here!

      too bad devil stick golf would be a par 20 :) else it could be fun!

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
        "Mikulas, Eric" <eric.mikulas@...> writes:

        > I've heard of people playing something like frizbee [football], but
        > with devil sticks out on the west coast,

        Jean Paul LaBrosse used to make and sell a devil stick made specifically
        for this game. He called them Tao Stix. They're extremely bouncy, so
        you can kick the stick or bounce it off your foot, arm, back, etc, and
        it goes super far. In other respects, it behaves like a flower stick.

        Henning Wiescher <henning@...> writes:

        > At the european juggling convention 1998 in Edinbourgh we did play
        > devilstick football with maybe 20 devilstickers!

        Wow! I was there. I can't believe I missed that.
      • info@devilstick.de
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
          --- In DevilStickForum@y..., Seth Golub <seth@a...> wrote:

          > Henning Wiescher <henning@d...> writes:
          >
          > > At the european juggling convention 1998
          > > in Edinbourgh we did play
          > > devilstick football with maybe 20 devilstickers!
          >
          > Wow! I was there. I can't believe I missed that.

          You have been there ?!?! Cool ! We were playing outside on the soccer
          field. I remember it was just before one of the devilstick workshops.

          Please take a look at
          http://www.devilstick.de/info/conventions.htm#Bilder - there is a
          (not so really good) picture with devilstickers who joined one of the
          workshops in Edinbourgh 1998. Are you on this picture ?

          Henning.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 27, 2001
            info@... writes:

            > Please take a look at
            > http://www.devilstick.de/info/conventions.htm#Bilder - there is a
            > (not so really good) picture with devilstickers who joined one of the
            > workshops in Edinbourgh 1998. Are you on this picture ?

            Yes. I'm in the front row, wearing a red shirt. Are you in there
            too? None of those people looks like the one on your web site.

            I have a similar picture. Mine came out a bit better.

            http://www.aigeek.com/photos/1998-Scotland/Images/Large/2-09.jpg

            Oddly, one of our pictures is reversed left-to-right. I think it's
            yours, because I remember where we were facing, and it matches my
            picture. :-)

            I'm glad we posed for that. I used the photo once before, when talking
            to Han Toan Lim in email. In the picture, he's the man next to me in
            a white shirt. I saw him again last October at a festival Amsterdam.
            He's got some great tricks that are quite different from what most other
            people do. He's very creative.

            I wish I could go to Rotterdam. Next year for sure!
          • Henning Wiescher
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 28, 2001
              > > Please take a look at
              > > http://www.devilstick.de/info/conventions.htm#Bilder - there is a
              > > (not so really good) picture with devilstickers who joined one of
              the
              > > workshops in Edinbourgh 1998. Are you on this picture ?
              >
              > Yes. I'm in the front row, wearing a red shirt.

              Hey cool !!!

              > Are you in there
              > too? None of those people looks like the one on your web site.

              Right. I made the photos...

              > I have a similar picture. Mine came out a bit better.
              >
              > http://www.aigeek.com/photos/1998-Scotland/Images/Large/2-09.jpg
              >
              > Oddly, one of our pictures is reversed left-to-right. I think it's
              > yours, because I remember where we were facing, and it matches my
              > picture. :-)

              ups - you're right. Sure it happened when scanning my slide. I should
              reverse it...

              > I'm glad we posed for that. I used the photo once before, when
              talking
              > to Han Toan Lim in email. In the picture, he's the man next to me
              in
              > a white shirt. I saw him again last October at a festival
              Amsterdam.
              > He's got some great tricks that are quite different from what most
              other
              > people do. He's very creative.

              Yes, indeed. He's a great person. I did meet him again at the Dutch
              juggling conventions.

              > I wish I could go to Rotterdam. Next year for sure!

              I remember in Edinbourgh there were a few people playing two
              devilsticks. But there was only one person who was able to play one
              stick in the propeller plane and the other in the helicopter plane.
              At that time I just started with two sticks and I was deeply
              impressed. I'm sure it was you, or ?

              Henning.
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 28, 2001
                "Henning Wiescher" <info@...> writes:

                > Right. I made the photos...

                Oh, right. I forgot there must be someone behind the camera.

                > there was only one person who was able to play one stick in the
                > propeller plane and the other in the helicopter plane.

                That is impressive. It wasn't me though. I don't do two.