buzzsaw

  • Andrew Carfang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2001
      I'm having trouble with the buzzsaw. Can anyone give me advice on how to do it? Thanks.

      -Andrew
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2001
        Andrew Carfang <avc2001@...> writes:

        > I'm having trouble with the buzzsaw.

        Have you tried it in both directions? One way is usually easier than
        the other. Most people find it easier to have the top end moving away
        from them, but I've met people who prefer the other direction.

        Something that helps me get the buzzsaw smooth is to focus on the very
        center. My handsticks stay very close to the center the whole time,
        and I try to pay attention just to what's going on there. The center
        moves much slower and it's easier to stay with it.

        Practice the windmill if you're not sure what the rhythm should feel
        like. The buzzsaw is the same thing as the windmill, but turned 90
        degrees and with one arm on the other side.

        Try not to smack yourself in the face. That will distract you from
        your practice session. ;-)