Body Tricks

  • modestcucumber
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
      Hey, since there hasn't been many posts for a while, just want to know if you guys no any good body tricks (kicking the devil stick, catching on head etc). I find that people seem to find body tricks quite impressive, even though some are quite simple (roll over leg etc)

      Thanks,
      Jasper
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2012
        Hi Jasper - I do some knee bounces and foot catch and throws, but I
        can't bring myself to practice too many around the head as it hurts too
        much. Another trick i do is to balance the stick (on one end) on the
        hand stick, then let it drop to the foot, still balanced on end, then
        back up to the hand stick. Takes some practice. I don't do many under
        the leg spins or similar cos I reckon they look a bit clumsy and obvious.
        let us know if you have worked out any new ones
        Darren
      • Gunther
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2012
          Hi Darren and Jasper

          Another two to try are the following : Not really body but footwork )

          Spinning stick anti clockwise :

          drop the stick on the floor at so its lying horizontal in front of you.

          Put right leg forward just a little bit in front of the left,  ( you must use your left  leg to bounce the stick into the air from behind your back., hence reason for placing right leg in front of left.)bend down , pick up stick in circular anti clockwise direction, leading out to the right hand side, flick behind back onto heel of left foot and Whala -- boumnce it back over your head onto the stick. Sounds difficult, looks great but its not easy to explain, easier to demonstrate. Darren we must hook up again, I started playing again a few weeks ago and getting back into it.

          2nd one is : Difficulty is 8 out of 10.

          Start with the downward saw action until stick hits the ground. ( playing anti clockwise again ) place left handle under the stick whilst on the ground, step over it and like when you hop over a football and flick up into the air - this is exactly the same but with sticks. do it a couple of times and you will get it right. When I see you Darren I will show you.

          Good sticking

          Gunt

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 27, 2012
            yo Gunt, how ya doin man, good to see you are back in the fold. I take it your injuries have healed up then?

            I am moving to Hastings in a month or so, would be great to hook up  before then, where are you living at the mo (can't remember where you were before, doh)... i am in sudbury hill, near harrow on hill/wembley.

            have you still got my number?