Re: [DevilStickForum] brand new newb!

  • bóta borbála
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2012
      Hello,

      I find BravoStick Elements the most comfortable and beautiful on the market.
      Those are made of fiberglass with silicone cover and have nice leather tassels.
      You can use them for hanging tricks easily as well.

      It's true that the bigger length makes the stick slower which could be good for the first use but it must be hard to take the momentum to do many tricks. And if the stick is to long, than it can obstruct to do the bicycle trick (which is one of the basic movements) or under the leg tricks. And try to avoid buying a heavy stick, it will make your arms hurt after a long practice. :)

      borsi

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2012
        hiya
        there is a trade off between length and how easy it is to manipulate the
        stick, in my opinion the lunastix are too light and i screw a small bolt
        into the ends to give it more weight/momentum (the fibreglass one has a
        convenient hole in the end). The extra weight slows the stick down a bit
        without the need to lengthen it. But then i don't like long sticks, they
        feel clumsy and will hit the arms/hands more often. And they are
        impossible to play with 2 sticks, but i imagine you are a little way off
        this level yet??

        and remember, there is no trick to devil sticks, you gotta put the time
        in to get good!