brand new newb!

  • juggle.stick
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2012
      Hi!  So, I have to be honest, I'm more of a yo-yoer, but the site where I buy my yo-yo gear has a really cool facebook page (haha, seriously) and they posted a review someone did of one of their juggling sticks, which is what got me interested in this...I'm a little anxious about it all, because I'm a pretty major klutz and would probably end up with black and blue marks all over my face...

      anyway, I know from reading stuff on the interwebz that lunastix are a pretty popular choice, and the guy on the video review says that z-sticks or z-stix (one of the two) are a new company...do any of you know anything about them or have you tried them?  because the case he makes for the king's spear (that's what the stick is called) is that since it's so much bigger it's slower and therefore easier to manipulate.  which is a plus for me.

      here is the video, if you're interested:

      do you have any other suggestions?  any other sites where you've purchased awesome sticks? recommendations for the best sticks for a beginner like me?  thanks in advance!
    • bóta borbála
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2012
        Hello,

        I find BravoStick Elements the most comfortable and beautiful on the market.
        Those are made of fiberglass with silicone cover and have nice leather tassels.
        You can use them for hanging tricks easily as well.

        It's true that the bigger length makes the stick slower which could be good for the first use but it must be hard to take the momentum to do many tricks. And if the stick is to long, than it can obstruct to do the bicycle trick (which is one of the basic movements) or under the leg tricks. And try to avoid buying a heavy stick, it will make your arms hurt after a long practice. :)

        borsi

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 2012
          hiya
          there is a trade off between length and how easy it is to manipulate the
          stick, in my opinion the lunastix are too light and i screw a small bolt
          into the ends to give it more weight/momentum (the fibreglass one has a
          convenient hole in the end). The extra weight slows the stick down a bit
          without the need to lengthen it. But then i don't like long sticks, they
          feel clumsy and will hit the arms/hands more often. And they are
          impossible to play with 2 sticks, but i imagine you are a little way off
          this level yet??

          and remember, there is no trick to devil sticks, you gotta put the time
          in to get good!