RE: [DevilStickForum] just saying..

  • kwa Hian kai
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2011
      Good for you, it takes a lot of dedication and time to get 2 sticks down pat. If you're looking for tricks to try, check out Markus Furtner's page: http://www.markus-furtner.de/germanpage/show1.html for some ideas of 2-devilstick tricks.

      I've been doing 2 sticks for years and only have twin props down well. Can sort of do 1-up tosses, stop-and-go, and 1 handed idles (ie: 1H idle w/ right hand, prop w/ left or vice versa) but my experience is that any trick with 2 sticks takes months if not years to get. That will surely keep you occupied for a while.

      I have not tried the triangle or any of the other gimmicky sticks yet. I am sure there's plenty of potential with those props but I am a traditionalist....

      Kai

      To: DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com
      From: dag@...
      Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:46:36 +0100
      Subject: [DevilStickForum] just saying..

      Hi all
      there has not been many posts lately so I thought i would post summink.

      Has anyone on here used the 3 pronged stick yet? I am at that point
      where i need to move into unknown areas as I have now mastered 2 sticks
      and have come to the conclusion that 3 is rather impossible.

      I have adapted a lunastix with pads on the ends so that I can do end
      balance tricks, and this has shown me that the lunastix work much better
      with a bit more weight in the ends, the extra weight gives it a bit more
      momentum and so keeps it going easier. It makes doing 2 stix much easier.

      is anyone going to the jugcon festival near bristol this year??

      Darren

    • bóta borbála
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 19, 2011
        Hi devilstickers and Darren!

        We've just got a video from the winner of our first contest. He won a Bravo TriStick.
        I share it with you so you can see how it works:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuKYki2gCU

        Some tricks are harder with a tristick than with a normal stick but must be easier than with a triangle. :)
        The difficulty is that the three legs define a dimension and for example for a tic-toc you should keep
        the tristick in that dimension otherwise it's harder to balance it.
        Some tricks are easier because you don't have to wait till the stick turns 180 degrees to the other end of it,
        just 120 degrees to the next leg. :)
        Some tricks are more spectacular as the "dimension" of the 3 legs turns around in the space during the trick.
        I cannot explain more properly. :)

        If you'd like to win one also, you can still take part in our second contest:
        http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=hc-_CQYwwD8 (contest videos)
        http://bravojuggling.blog.hu/2011/06/18/bravo_juggling_s_summer_devilstick_contest (rules and instructions)

        Keep sticking!
        Borsi

        (p.s.: this is me with 2 tristicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8oOVC67WNk :) )

        From: Darren <dag@...>

        Has anyone on here used the 3 pronged stick yet?

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2011
          hey dudes
          here is a vid of me playing with stix

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYNh1qnqwgw