Re: [DevilStickForum] silicon

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2010
      Darren <dag@...> writes:

      > hmmm nothing is ever simple... does anyone know where to get the
      > tubing anyway?

      When you find out, let us know!

      > I find with lunastix it isnt easy to do end tricks (balancing on end
      > of stick) as the tassles wrap around hand sticks, so i wanna make a
      > bit longer so I can screw pads on end.

      Nice. So, it'll still have tassels, but a landing pad will stick out
      past them?

      > Has anyone tried weighted hand sticks? thought they may be good for
      > hand stick tricks and possible more control....

      I haven't run across that, but it sounds promising. It might open up
      some neat flourishes that are just too hard with unweighted sticks.

      I tried weighting a home-made fire stick by screwing washers into the
      end. The little screw eventually tore out (flinging heated washers
      everywhere), but it would probably last longer in handsticks. Even
      if it's not a good permanent solution, it would be an easy way to
      experiment with different weights.

      Come to think of it, I did use single washers for my fire handsticks,
      just to keep the wick in place.. I have to tighten the screw every
      now and then, but it's never torn out.
      http://www.sethoscope.net/devil-stick/fire-handsticks.html

      Keep us posted!