Re: [DevilStickForum] silicon

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2010
      hmmm nothing is ever simple... does anyone know where to get the
      tubing anyway? I find with lunastix it isnt easy to do end tricks
      (balancing on end of stick) as the tassles wrap around hand sticks, so i
      wanna make a bit longer so I can screw pads on end. Also the colours are
      rubbish (fiberglass type) ... i want day glo so I can play more at sunset.

      Has anyone tried weighted hand sticks? thought they may be good for hand
      stick tricks and possible more control....
      Darren

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2010
        Darren <dag@...> writes:

        > hmmm nothing is ever simple... does anyone know where to get the
        > tubing anyway?

        When you find out, let us know!

        > I find with lunastix it isnt easy to do end tricks (balancing on end
        > of stick) as the tassles wrap around hand sticks, so i wanna make a
        > bit longer so I can screw pads on end.

        Nice. So, it'll still have tassels, but a landing pad will stick out
        past them?

        > Has anyone tried weighted hand sticks? thought they may be good for
        > hand stick tricks and possible more control....

        I haven't run across that, but it sounds promising. It might open up
        some neat flourishes that are just too hard with unweighted sticks.

        I tried weighting a home-made fire stick by screwing washers into the
        end. The little screw eventually tore out (flinging heated washers
        everywhere), but it would probably last longer in handsticks. Even
        if it's not a good permanent solution, it would be an easy way to
        experiment with different weights.

        Come to think of it, I did use single washers for my fire handsticks,
        just to keep the wick in place.. I have to tighten the screw every
        now and then, but it's never torn out.
        http://www.sethoscope.net/devil-stick/fire-handsticks.html

        Keep us posted!