THE GREATEST 24 HOUR ONE MAN SHOW ON EARTH?

  • JollyG
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2010
      Greetings from Rumpel...

      You may find this amusing, the last 9 minutes (or so)
      of my 24 Hr show in 2001 in the Netherlands at the European Juggling Convention.
      p.s. If you know anyone who has any footage of the epic stints
      i've done over the years at EJC's...please let me know
      as it's nice to look back at footage, like this show i did 9 yrs ago.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZUJvi_vjwg

      Best regards and all
      and cheers,

      Rumpel the Worldly Kangaroo Fool of Oz! :)

      www.rumpel.com.au
      www.myspace.com/rumpel_fool
      pixiejester@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2010
        Hiya all
        Has anyone found any sources for the silicon tubing they use on
        lunastix? I want to make my own fire stick...

        Darren
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2010
          Darren <dag@...> writes:

          > Has anyone found any sources for the silicon tubing they use on
          > lunastix? I want to make my own fire stick...

          I looked around a bit a while back and didn't find the right stuff,
          but we know it's out there...

          Are you sure you want to use silicone for a fire stick though? I've
          tried it, and I found that it got slippery too fast from the soot. I
          thought maybe something textured would work better, but I never found
          quite the right thing. I only tried a few materials though. It's been
          several years since my experiments, but I wrote up a bit here:

          http://www.sethoscope.net/devil-stick/fire.html
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 22, 2010
            hmmm nothing is ever simple... does anyone know where to get the
            tubing anyway? I find with lunastix it isnt easy to do end tricks
            (balancing on end of stick) as the tassles wrap around hand sticks, so i
            wanna make a bit longer so I can screw pads on end. Also the colours are
            rubbish (fiberglass type) ... i want day glo so I can play more at sunset.

            Has anyone tried weighted hand sticks? thought they may be good for hand
            stick tricks and possible more control....
            Darren

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 22, 2010
              Darren <dag@...> writes:

              > hmmm nothing is ever simple... does anyone know where to get the
              > tubing anyway?

              When you find out, let us know!

              > I find with lunastix it isnt easy to do end tricks (balancing on end
              > of stick) as the tassles wrap around hand sticks, so i wanna make a
              > bit longer so I can screw pads on end.

              Nice. So, it'll still have tassels, but a landing pad will stick out
              past them?

              > Has anyone tried weighted hand sticks? thought they may be good for
              > hand stick tricks and possible more control....

              I haven't run across that, but it sounds promising. It might open up
              some neat flourishes that are just too hard with unweighted sticks.

              I tried weighting a home-made fire stick by screwing washers into the
              end. The little screw eventually tore out (flinging heated washers
              everywhere), but it would probably last longer in handsticks. Even
              if it's not a good permanent solution, it would be an easy way to
              experiment with different weights.

              Come to think of it, I did use single washers for my fire handsticks,
              just to keep the wick in place.. I have to tighten the screw every
              now and then, but it's never torn out.
              http://www.sethoscope.net/devil-stick/fire-handsticks.html

              Keep us posted!