Re: [DevilStickForum] Re: Hello

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2010
      Hi all
      I find the task of learning something new to be fascinating, and have
      come with a few rules that seem to work for me and a few others i have
      passed it on to.

      If you are learning a new trick, avoid making the same mistakes again
      and again. Try something else. Anything is better than reinforcing the
      bad habit!.. do something wrong 5 times and you have to work twice as
      hard to remedy it, do it for 20 days and you will carry it around with
      you forever! (easy to apply, be intelligent with your body)

      If its not working out, do something else and come back to it in a few
      minutes. (hard to apply, we think we are making progress if we work at
      it. A few good go's is infinitely better than a bad session)

      Lastly, be clever with your own learning curves, often you plod along
      practicing your moves, then suddenly it all gets better, you learn new
      stuff, it feels great for a few days, then you reach a plateau again,
      and plod along until the next burst. Like a series of steps. Well try to
      keep the burst going, do it as much as possible, and when not doing it,
      do it in your head instead. Find the zone...

      I have no qualifications on the subject nor have i done any research
      whatsoever, therefor i could be talking a complete load of bollox! I am
      however rather good with the stix (over 13 years)...

      ttfn
      Darren