Re: Hello

  • t1ifan@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2009
      thanks.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2010
        Hi all
        I find the task of learning something new to be fascinating, and have
        come with a few rules that seem to work for me and a few others i have
        passed it on to.

        If you are learning a new trick, avoid making the same mistakes again
        and again. Try something else. Anything is better than reinforcing the
        bad habit!.. do something wrong 5 times and you have to work twice as
        hard to remedy it, do it for 20 days and you will carry it around with
        you forever! (easy to apply, be intelligent with your body)

        If its not working out, do something else and come back to it in a few
        minutes. (hard to apply, we think we are making progress if we work at
        it. A few good go's is infinitely better than a bad session)

        Lastly, be clever with your own learning curves, often you plod along
        practicing your moves, then suddenly it all gets better, you learn new
        stuff, it feels great for a few days, then you reach a plateau again,
        and plod along until the next burst. Like a series of steps. Well try to
        keep the burst going, do it as much as possible, and when not doing it,
        do it in your head instead. Find the zone...

        I have no qualifications on the subject nor have i done any research
        whatsoever, therefor i could be talking a complete load of bollox! I am
        however rather good with the stix (over 13 years)...

        ttfn
        Darren