RE: [DevilStickForum] Devil STicks.

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2000
      "Mikulas, Eric" <eric.mikulas@...> writes:

      > How did you make em?

      Aluminum tube, two 3" wooden dowels inside the tube on each end, holes
      drilled into tube and dowels, kevlar fire wick wrapped around both
      ends and screwed into tube and dowels, just like with juggling
      torches. I peeled some silicone tubing off a handstick and slid it
      into the shaft. I had to oil the shaft to get it on, and it was still
      really difficult. It also wasn't really worth it; silicone on
      silicone is not good traction once there's soot between them. Next
      time I'll use cloth tape so it has some traction. It'll burn, but
      hopefully not that quickly, and I can always wrap more tape on.

      > does the rug stuff melt?

      I don't know.

      > i would guess that eventually the flames would get to the wood.

      You could wrap the wood in fireproof tape first. I used that for my
      fire handsticks.