Re: [DevilStickForum] Re: New Member

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2009
      well I have been trying to master 2 stix for a while now and im actually
      starting to get somewhere. it now feels quite natural to have 2 stix on
      the go. But the big question is where do you go after 2 stix? 3 stix? 2
      stix on a unicycle?

      oh yeah this is weird, but i can spin like a propeller with the left
      hand with my eyes closed, but not my right? im right handed mainly.... hmmm

      back to lurking

      > We're here, we just lurk a lot. Always happy to answer questions though.
      >
      > --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl Hrdlicka" <darylhrdlicka@...> wrote:
      >
      >> We've got a new member, people. Let;s show her that there's still some warm bodies around here!

    • Daryl Hrdlicka
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2009
        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, Darren <dag@...> wrote:

        > well I have been trying to master 2 stix for a while now and im actually
        > starting to get somewhere. it now feels quite natural to have 2 stix on
        > the go. But the big question is where do you go after 2 stix? 3 stix? 2
        > stix on a unicycle?

        I'm still working on 1 stick! But I'd say after 2 stix you need to continues with the whole stick theme and go for a pogo stick.

        > oh yeah this is weird, but i can spin like a propeller with the left
        > hand with my eyes closed, but not my right? im right handed mainly.... hmmm

        Good question. Maybe you're more used to doing things left handed without paying attention, while you tell your right hand what to do?

        You've got me thinking about that one.
      • Katie Hoffmann
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2009
          I haven't mastered the two sticks yet, but I did like that sticking the sticks and doing a pogo stick.  I like to ride my indo board and play with the devil sticks so you could go a long those lines with the unicycle! or I've even seen people start juggling all three sticks and then grabbing the controls and start sticking again, that was cool, or you could always get some to light on fire too

          > well I have been trying to master 2 stix for a while now and im actually
          > starting to get somewhere. it now feels quite natural to have 2 stix on
          > the go. But the big question is where do you go after 2 stix? 3 stix? 2
          > stix on a unicycle?

          I'm still working on 1 stick! But I'd say after 2 stix you need to continues with the whole stick theme and go for a pogo stick.

          > oh yeah this is weird, but i can spin like a propeller with the left
          > hand with my eyes closed, but not my right? im right handed mainly.... hmmm

          Good question. Maybe you're more used to doing things left handed without paying attention, while you tell your right hand what to do?

          You've got me thinking about that one.

        • the_tarper
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2009
            I've seen some impressive videos on youtube that could give you some ideas. Mainly they center on doing different tricks with each hand at the same time, or the tricks that involve two sticks (ie. the two stick tick tock.)

            I'm dubious about three sticks. Seems more like juggling than sticks. You might try the devils triangle though (youtube again.)

            My admiration for learning two sticks. I'd like to see it if you could post a video.

            Z-

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2009
              youtube is very handy, they also have tutorials on their too