Re: [DevilStickForum] Sticking

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
      happens all the time. If you play the stix even just a little every day
      or so, the learning curve advances on the days off, just as much as the
      days on, or weeks...

      I have been well busy learning 2 stix and think i am getting there. I
      have come to the conclusion that there is 2 ways of doing this, 1) you
      learn to do it with 1 hand like a robot, and then bring in the other
      hand. This may be quicker to master but then you have still got to teach
      your robot hand to do something, and breaking the robot habit aint easy.
      i have seen lots of one handed double stickers. 2) you learn to do it
      with 2 hands which might take forever to master but almost eliminates
      robot hand (there is always a degree of this in every routine). I was
      somewhat forced to do the 2nd technique cos i aint very good at doing
      repetitive moves over and over and over again, and it has taken a while
      to get beyond the first hurdle. But then a couple of weeks ago it came
      together and i see improvement every day i play. wot a buzz... the brain
      goes into a kinda higher mode, very intense and quite exhausting after a
      while.
      i really must put some videos on the net
      DaG