Sticking

  • Daryl Hrdlicka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30 8:26 AM
      Hey, all. Sorry for the exrended absence, cool spring and a 1 y/o so
      not much time to go out and try them! But I finally had a chan ce to
      dig all of my sets out and do some demos, and I'm doing stuff I KNOW I
      couldn't do when I put them away last year! Anyone else do this?
      Your brain just finally realized it knows what to do and you can do it?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
        happens all the time. If you play the stix even just a little every day
        or so, the learning curve advances on the days off, just as much as the
        days on, or weeks...

        I have been well busy learning 2 stix and think i am getting there. I
        have come to the conclusion that there is 2 ways of doing this, 1) you
        learn to do it with 1 hand like a robot, and then bring in the other
        hand. This may be quicker to master but then you have still got to teach
        your robot hand to do something, and breaking the robot habit aint easy.
        i have seen lots of one handed double stickers. 2) you learn to do it
        with 2 hands which might take forever to master but almost eliminates
        robot hand (there is always a degree of this in every routine). I was
        somewhat forced to do the 2nd technique cos i aint very good at doing
        repetitive moves over and over and over again, and it has taken a while
        to get beyond the first hurdle. But then a couple of weeks ago it came
        together and i see improvement every day i play. wot a buzz... the brain
        goes into a kinda higher mode, very intense and quite exhausting after a
        while.
        i really must put some videos on the net
        DaG