Re: [DevilStickForum] Dubé handsticks

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
      here is my experience of handsticks
      i use a home made devil stick and a couple of crystalstix.
      I dont like the sticks that come with the crystal ones, i find them
      uncomfortable. I use softwood, as i find that fiber sticks and also
      hardwood ones transfer the vibrations to the hand too much, giving that
      horrible 'bonk'. I cover the softwood dowel with tennis grip, and double
      up one end so i get a nice handle that doesnt get in the way if i play
      both ends. The tennis grip gives excellent feel and grip, soaks up even
      more vibrations, and has a much more positive feel than the usual
      silicon ones.... oh and lasts for ages.

      Now the clocks have gone forward and the sun doesnt set till past 8, the
      devil stick season finally returns to the uk....

      best