Re: Dubé handsticks

  • the_tarper
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 4:10 AM
      No, but this is only the second post in over a month...
      I my self don't have any idea what the hell Fibre Reinforced Composite
      is! Tell me!

      Lets see fiber means something organic. Reinforced means that fiber is
      being added to something and composite means that they stay toghether?

      I have no idea, but if there is something better for handsticks, I
      want to know.

      Zac

      --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "Hian Kai" <kwahiankai@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone tried out the new Fiber Reinforced Composite (FRC)
      > handsticks from Dubé? What I'm interested to find out is if they feel
      > any different from regular wood ones. Maybe I'll just get a set for
      > the heck of it cos' they're in different colours.
      >
      > I'm told their new lighted sticks feel really different from the
      > normal ones they sell so if you're used to the normal ones like I am
      > the lighted ones are going to suck.
      >
      > I am also thinking to try some other brands, what I want is a nice,
      > solid stick about 65-70 cm long; I have 3 Dubé ones a Todd Smith and a
      > Renegade coming in the mail... anyone have any good experience with
      > any others?
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Kai

    • the_tarper
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 4:35 AM
        P.S. New material is always what we want, on our sticks and on this
        forum. Anything that sticks. <Ducks> Sorry for punning.

        Has anything been doing anything? Some videos, some pictures,
        something?!?!?

        I've had no firesticks for a while now, and every time I go to a fire
        show I feel like Sh@t. I want to join in.

        We need to be active. SPIN PEOPLE!

        Thanks for the time,

        Zac.

        --- In DevilStickForum@yahoogroups.com, "the_tarper" <the_tarper@...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23 3:38 PM
          here is my experience of handsticks
          i use a home made devil stick and a couple of crystalstix.
          I dont like the sticks that come with the crystal ones, i find them
          uncomfortable. I use softwood, as i find that fiber sticks and also
          hardwood ones transfer the vibrations to the hand too much, giving that
          horrible 'bonk'. I cover the softwood dowel with tennis grip, and double
          up one end so i get a nice handle that doesnt get in the way if i play
          both ends. The tennis grip gives excellent feel and grip, soaks up even
          more vibrations, and has a much more positive feel than the usual
          silicon ones.... oh and lasts for ages.

          Now the clocks have gone forward and the sun doesnt set till past 8, the
          devil stick season finally returns to the uk....

          best